Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods See the USA...in a Hemi-Powered Model A.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bass, Aug 4, 2010.

1. TomH

TomH

Good to see you managed to take a spare tire with. Without a support vehicle runnin' with, you’re on your own. Good luck on the rest of the trip and thanks for taking the time to post this thread.

2. Church

Church
    from South Bay

HERO. Both you .....and Bob.

3. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

4. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

5. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Very cool! Too bad about the tire, but at least you had a spare!! Smarter than I was when I made my trip down to Texas...

6. Ironswims

Ironswims
    from Illinois

Livin' the dream! Sunset pic is awsome!

7. Primered Forever

Primered Forever
    from Joplin,MO

VERY COOL!!!!! good luck on your journey!

8. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

I've done that I-25 run between Denver and Albequerque a bunch of times. But never in my Model A - looks like fun. I lived in the CO Springs area for 12 years, great town! Have fun - looking forward to more great pictures!

9. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Bass, that is a really awesome picture. You could sell prints of it.

10. Lived in Fort Worth for 6 years.....it is goddamn miserable this time of year. He couldn't have picked a worse time to make a cross country trip in a non-airconditioned rod.

11. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Temps are much cooler in ColoRODo today...supposed to be 50% chance of rain/storms this afternoon...cooler driving.

Once you get to Ft. Collins, find 285 and take the scenic route to Casper...it's two lane but you'll like it better than I-25...

R-

12. Dang. I wish I would have known you were going to attend the Hot-Rod-A-Rama this year. I would not have planned my wedding on the 7th.

Be sure to continue to document your journey as I am sure this will be one of those trips you never forget. I am looking forward to seeing this one unfold. Safe travels and the car looks great! Keep up the good work.

13. E HANSEN13

E HANSEN13

Killer pics bro hope you have or had a nice trip....

14. slammed

slammed

The sunset pix is very pretty. Roughing it, just like way back when. D-r-i-v-i-n-g your car like it is supposed to be! Update's will be inspiring, the world is watching y'all!

15. Hey Bass, the fam and I passed you (opposite direction) at Groom TX yesterday afternoon. Almost right under the leaning water tower. It was a great treat to see the A in motion after spending 8+ hours in the car with a 2 & 5 year old. I had a smile for a few miles. Be safe, brother.

16. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

I'll be following this one, Great so far and can only get better!

Nick.

17. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Sounds like you are on your way to a great adventure. Please keep us updated if you can find the time. At any rate, drive safe and have fun.

18. Big Tony

Big Tony

Looks like a hell of a trip... stay cool and really dig the pic of the coupe and sunset

19. Tommy R

Tommy R

Kick ass, Brian! My hats off to you for making suck an epic trip. And great pics! I hope you've got your spare replaced, but here's to hoping you don't need it.

Safe travels out there!
    Tommy

20. Brian, not sur eof your plans but if you will be at Bonneville, give me a shout or text...it's a Norwegian phone..i'll call you back...come see us in the pits. 011 47 47 35 46 42 look for car in avatar or red '27 with Contrivance Engineering on it.
    Have a good trip, Hans

and Mark, the diameter difference wont do anything to your spiders, i fyou have a clutch type posi it will be constantly slipping a bit, but not much more than going around a corner, shouldn't do much wear to your clutches in a short period....don't try it with a detroit locker type setup....;)

21. Tommy R

Tommy R

What Hans said. A spool or true locker would NOT be fun with such drastically different diameters. Yeah, a clutch diff will see some accelerated wear and possibly some heat generation, but if it's not for too long it shouldn't be a big deal. If it's an open diff, there might be a little heat increase, but I wouldn't expect any damage from it....again, assuming a reasonably short distance and not hundreds of miles.

22. Wow, amazing, wish I had the balls to do something like that.

23. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

good luck with the rest of your trip brian,
    thanks hans and tommy,

24. Big Al

Big Al
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

looks like a cool trip. travel safely.
    Al.

25. Stu

Stu

Thanks for my new desktop wallpaper

26. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

It looks like your in for a GREAT drive and its much cooler in the Denver area right now, some weather alerts NW of Colo Springs but nothing bad yet. The rest of your trip should be pretty clean & green. For all of these other folks that envy you, just break out the ride & go for a drive. Parts of Wy. Mt. are pretty empty but well worth the effort.

27. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Taking a trip in a REAL HOT ROD.....................priceless!!!!

Frank

28. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

I am so jealous it was 105 in the shade today stay safe.

29. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Brian for posting this. That pic on the side of the road is sublime and its fantastic to see you out there on the road. The American Dream is still out there by the looks of it, Kerouac (?) et al would be proud!

30. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

still is lary, 115 in my shop when i got home.