Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods See the USA...in a Hemi-Powered Model A.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bass, Aug 4, 2010.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

Love these "Small World' stories!:)

2. Cannot beleive you had a spare and gallon of GAS ! nice pics.

v

3. wow....cool occurance.

4. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring, TX

Never been more envious. Way to go.

5. badgeree

badgeree

Looks like a Hoot. The photo with the Sunset is MAGNIFICENT.
    I'm stuffed if I can fit a spare in my boot (trunk), I have carry a couple of Inlater cans in the back and hope I never get a blowout,(and hopefully, not even a puncture.)
    Enjoy the trip.

6. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Fucken awsome!

7. ScottV

ScottV

I was thinking more like numbered prints !!!

8. K. Thornton

K. Thornton

And I thought it as because flat glass cars had magnetic glass. Thanks for the explaination.

9. Hey Bass, I took a bunch of pictures of your car that I will post!!! That is one bad ass ride. What is your speedometer out of. That is the cats ass!!! Anyway, every little thing on your car looks so well executed. One of the nicest Model A's I have ever set eyes on. Thanks for taking the small trek up for us to see your car!! Where you going next, Mars? Jesus, you covered some miles!!!! So cool!!!!Hope you stay in Seattle for a few days as its suppose to be in the 80s by Wednesday and we have some real cool sites that are beautiful when the sun is out!

10. Also next weekend there is a Pinic in Monroe that will have about 400-500 cars and the guy that owns the property has a ton of 1934 fords and over 100 Indian Motorcycles. He's just like one of us but a bit more money and toys. He opens it to anyone that wants to drive their car into the picnic. He's one of the nicest guys! Private email me as its a must see!!

11. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Enjoying the trip from my office chair. SWEET ride and GREAT pics!

12. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Hey man, congrats on winning "King of the Hotrodarama"!

Great to meet you!

13. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Hahaha....yeah man......
    That is if any would have the balls to get in......

Ya know Brian....I really wasn't a fan of the roof treatment during it's buildup here, but seeing it in person changed everything....the car fucking rules in person. It does really work....and that dash....holy smokes it's cool.

I knew you'd dig that drive down the pass in Idaho....it kicks ass....

14. Butch11443

Butch11443

Looks like a great trip. You sure know how to make an old man jealous!. Good luck & keep us posted.
    Butch

15. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man, your car is bitchin..

I didn't get to meet ya, which is a bummer.. I'd like to shake your hand. Build awesome stuff that inspires the hell out of a ton of people, then drive it across the country to a rainy day Hotrod show.. Good on ya!

16. Commando66

Commando66

My favorite car at Hotrodarama!

17. elricho

elricho

18. 34Chrysler

34Chrysler

Thanks for taking us with you !!

19. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Go Brian Go! Thanks for the ride along! Watch for the deer and elk crossing signs especially at night. They meen it for real. I almost was a bull elk hood ornament a couple years back! Be Safe see ya back in Texas.

20. pecker head

pecker head

Freaking COOL man !

21. Finally got to see your car in person Saturday at the hotrodarama..Was hoping to shake yourhand and tell you what a awesome job you did on it!Have a safe trip back...

22. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Day 5

Today was the Hot-Rod-Arama, and I got the car over to the show around 10. The sky was overcast, but there wasn't much rain at the beginning of the show. Lots of bitchin cars down in the lower lot.

I think my two favorite cars were Dave York's Shoebox, and the maroon channeled, full-fendered Deuce 5W. There were others that I liked a lot too, but those were the two I studied the longest. Dave's shoebox has got me all messed up...it's one of the most bitchin' customs I've laid
    eyes on in recent years.

Josh from Amocat had set up an "Obsolete Technology Challenge" board, and I gave that a shot. I ended up getting 38 out of 50, which I guess wasn't too bad. Some of those fucking vintage specialty tools were absolutely foreign to me...I guess that's what happens when you do most of your work with just a big ol' hammer.

The board was a great idea though...it was fun to try to figure it all out.

Sometime in the afternoon the rain starting coming down. It was no big deal, but by about 5:30 I decided that my car had suffered out in the rain long enough. I took it over to a family friend's shop and dried it off. About the time I was finishing up, I got a call from Chris.

"Hey Brian, you aren't still out at the Hot-Rod-Arama are you?" Evidently I won an award, and I wasn't even there to get it! I didn't even know there were awards....and I felt like a total dick for not being there.

So anyway I hitched a ride back over to the show, and of course I got heckled a bit for splitting before the show was over. I found Steve and he gave me this bitchin' trophy. I'm still not exactly sure what award it was that I won, but a couple people told me it was the "big one." All I know is that the trophy is super cool.

Thanks to Steve and all the guys that put the show on. I really had a good time, rain or no rain. It was really nice to meet all the people that I got to talk to up here. Hopefully it won't actually be the last Hot-Rod-Arama, because I'd like to come back.

For the next couple of days, I'll be in Seattle spending time with Angie and her family, so the next update probably won't be until I set out for Salt Lake City.

Thanks for following along...

-Brian

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  23. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That 5w next to York's shoebox looks tasty!!! Congrats on he award and even more so for getting there!

24. Very cool for sure. C-grads on the trophy and thanks for da pics !! >>>>.

25. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

The adventure just keeps on getting better!

Nick.

26. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Congrats on the two trophies, the one on the right and the one on the left.....Nothing like having a companion enjoying it with you.....Great looking car and great looking pics! :D

27. this is how memories are made!

I took off solo in my Hemi powered coupe 20 years ago on a TT run (Tavern to Tavern) no destination, Maps, Camera or internet.

just turned right or left to find out where the road went. Lots of beers, 6 weeks and 3200 miles later I found the road home. lost my wipers in Bakersfield Ca. but that Hemi never missed a lick the whole trip.

i guarantee 20 years from now your trip will still be fresh in your mind. have many more.........Jim

28. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Simply way cool.........drive safely

29. k-member

k-member

Was an honor to met you, enjoy the t-shirt and have a safe drive home.

30. S.F.

S.F.

bitchen,,,, that shoebox looks alot like Buster Littons shoebox