Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Sectioning A '58 Chevrolet by Gene Winfield

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 19, 2012.

1. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

All you need is an interest in learning. It doesn't even need to be car related. Expect to learn more than you can possibly retain in 2 days. I'd do another one of his classes in a heartbeat

2. flamingokid

flamingokid

It would be like taking guitar lessons from Satriani...doesn't get much better.Maybe he'll do a class in my neck of the woods.

3. How much I would love to do this !! Damn living in Australia !! Oh then again !!

4. The November class is going to be epic. the '58 is sweet. If you ever wanted to attend one of Gene's classes, This is the one! If you know what it takes to section a car, You are going to want to be part of this. If you don't know, you NEED to be part of this.

The information you get from these classes is information you can use in your garage. It is a hands on old school approach to car building. Stuff you can really use. You will be surprised at how much you can accomplish with just basic tools. Aside from all that, It's a lot of fun.

We now return you to our regular programming.

5. Marten

Marten

Nobody is going?? Or I mean nobody from the Hamb, near the location is going?
    Like some people mentioned before, it could be his last before you know it..it would a big $ travel for me, but when I was in the neigboorhood..damn only 350??

6. sololobo

sololobo

I hope some pix are coming from this endevour. Gene is certainly a hero of mine, he is such a cool dude. He has been such an inspiration flagging at the Salina KKOA drags, it's hotter than a fox in a forest fire and he won't take a break, oh yeah, 15 secounds to chug down a bottle of h2o then back at it. I am excited to hear what you have cookin with him!! ~sololobo~

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  7. Ralph

Ralph

Quote from Ryan: "Anyway, I’m bringing all of this up now because Gene has agreed to help us out here on the Jalopy Journal. Starting next month… But, I’ll get to that later. Stay tuned."
    Now THIS is exciting news! Seems to have gotten missed in the fuss about the sectioning seminar, But I'm looking forward to Gene "helping us out", whatever form that takes. Thanks Ryan.
    Ralph

8. L7

L7

http://genewinfield.org/

I didn't find any sort of class schedule, but did find some eye candy and info at the website - address above. - L7

9. Damm, I would love to make it to this. I have always wanted to section a car/truck, and to learn from one of the legends would put it over the top. Congrats to those who go.

10. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

[​IMG]

I have said it before, and I’ll say it again. Do it. Worth every penny.
    I am a better person for having been through two of Gene’s workshops.
    Slim

11. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

alls i can say is DO THIS CLASS if you can >>>> even a vary experianced guy will learn a ton of things from gene!!!!

12. White Trash Renegade

White Trash Renegade
    from Derby, KS

I would love to take one of these classes!

13. Just to be in the same room would be friggin amazing!

14. Working out the details to fly out from Arkansas. Any suggestions on which airport to fly into and where to stay?

15. Burbank airport is the closest airport. L.A.X traffic sucks major. Burbank has rental cars available (all the major rental companies). There are plenty of rooms available in the city of Mojave. That puts you less than 10 minutes from Gene's shop. If you need help arranging accommodations, pm me and I will get you the information you require.

16. Alex, Are you going to make it down for this one? This should be a blast!

17. jalopy45

jalopy45

Little Rock to Ontario CA :pwill be your cheapest and easiest and less traffic and shorter drive than Burbank or LAX.

18. Cool, thanks guys. Waiting to get in touch with Gene's shop to make sure there is room in the class before I book a ticket. Fingers crossed. :)

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

19. Spot in class confirmed, plane tickets bought. Does the TSA allow a welding helmet as a carry on? LOL I'm totally stoked to get to go. My wife says Merry Christmas....she's golden! :)

20. Glad you are going to make it. Are you flying into Burbank or Ontario. Just a heads up, Burbank is a much easier drive and closer than Ontario.

21. Burbank. I had a Southwest credit and their cheapest flight was into Burbank also. Woot! I get in about lunch time on Friday, so hoping to make a run over to the Peterson just for grins then head up to Mojave.

22. very cool. The Peterson will keep you busy until they close. Traffic will kind of suck at that hour though. You can burn up a little time at Bob's Big Boy in Toluca Lake. Friday cruise night and not far off your route.

23. Cool, I'll check it out, thanks!

24. I have taken one of Gene's courses and worked with him one other time. It is WELL WORTH IT!!! There is no was one person can learn everything he will teach you. There is so much information given out in his classes. If I had the funds or was closer I would totally do it. Well worth the investment:cool:

25. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

I got to shadow Gene Winfield today taking photos at his shop.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He even gave me a brief tutorial on hammer welding. File that under things I did not know, but need to learn.
    [​IMG]

26. scrubba

scrubba

Gene Wifield will ALWAYS be a hero to me as he taught himself everything he's become proficient at over the years . YOU GO Gene !!!!!!!!!!! scrubba

27. Is Gene selling those little green cars?

28. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Naw, I asked him about that. They are for a trophy. Bummer they are cool as hell!

29. poorboy

poorboy

that's an awesome opportunity!

30. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

yes wouldnt miss it!!