Register now to get rid of these ads!

sectioned customs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lulabelle, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

I'd like to see some more on the Ford as well. I've got a 52 with the roof cut off, it might just be something to go along with the rest of it. What did you do to the front fenders? Just the bottom of the rear edge?

2. I sectioned this Chevy pick up several years ago for a customer. I had already given it a mild chop. Sectioning is alot of work. I remember that making the hood fit nice was a real pain.
    [​IMG]

3. metalman

metalman

56=1.jpg

56-2.jpg

olds23.jpg

49olds.jpg

Here's a couple I've been doing.
    49 Olds 98 fastback, 3 1/2" chop, 3 1/2" section. Not for beginners. 56 Ford F100, 2 1/2" chop, 3 1/2" section, Easy other then the hood.

4. ray

ray
    from colorado

they really should have raised the front wheel openings on the monster garage chevy. it just looks wrong the way it is.

5. Ramblux

Ramblux

I kinda like it, but then again I like mini-trucks. And didn't mini-truckers build that thing for Jesse (sorry if I'm out of the loop on that one, that's just what I remember)?

6. ray

ray
    from colorado

no, it was several of the big names of traditional customizing.

7. Machobuck

Machobuck

8. Vinnie

Vinnie

9. Ramblux

Ramblux

Okay, sorry 'bout the mixup. I know a couple of mini-trucker dudes who used to work for him, so I thought they had a hand in it. :)

10. lulabelle

lulabelle

Now that it came back up,yesterdays project.....

Attached Files:

11. 46mopar

46mopar

You're my hero. Every time that car gets close to being a car you cut it apart. If this turns out like the chop did its going to be bad ass.

12. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

I hope you took more pics.That is gonna be one thin Chevy!!!

13. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

What's with all the trucks? Are hondas next?

14. Ramblux

Ramblux

Then post some pics of your sectioned car. And yes, Hondas are next.

Idiot. Being an asshole just for the sake of being an asshole is soooo cool. Go you. Try contributing to a thread instead of your usual "ooh cool" or "that's lame" posts.

You've been here less than a month and already have 100 posts. Try giving that keyboard a rest there, buddy.

15. slamdpup

slamdpup

dude you will see alot of people act that way around here...there is some cool motherfuckers on here and then there are some good people to..

16. hoof

hoof

I think it still too close to stock. Have you considered cutting it down the middle and narrowing it to a two seater, one behind the other?

Just kidding, looks even cooler in person. I was going to make some kind of a short joke about that car but it is just too easy!

CHAZ

17. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

Hey metalman, anymore pictures or info on the 56'. wondering where you cut the roof and cab for the job. Thanks

Drew

18. metalman

metalman

Got pic somewhere, damn if I can find them. Roof was standard chop other then I left the back window stock hight, took the inches below. Normally I'm for mailslots but I like how this looks on this one. I don't cut the roof skin on 56's other than a relief cut above the driprail. I cut the cab at the widest part of the door, straight up the hinge piller to clear the ft. fenders and right thru the middle of the hood sides. Followed the door cut around to the back of the cab, then up and over the ribs to save trying to line them back up. Everything line up great except the hood, took many pie cuts and wedge fillers to make it work, not to mention having to finish both sides since it shows when open. Overall, it was easier then I expected.

19. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

That 56 is sweet, Metalman.

Kiwi Kev, like I said. Nice work as always.

I'm inspired to cut up a spare cab I've got. I think I'll hang the doors back on it tomorrow and mark it up and get some conduit.

20. Tony

Tony

Thats cool! Never seen my car photo-sectioned before! :)
    wish i had the software to do that stuff...

21. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

sectioning is all about proportion, look how nice the red 53 looks with the section and the chop, then look at the un chopped but sectioned falcon on post # 38 it looks top heavy.I think the basic rule is roof = 1/3 , and body = 2/3 of the cars hiegth.
    For some I think the hardest part of a section is taking out too much. They think if i cut it , then I am going to CUT it. they forget about what looks best. Sometimes just a couple inches will make a big difference.
    I sectioned my elcamino 2 inches , and chopped it 4 1/2.

Attached Files:

22. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

My '50 Ford, 4" section, 4" chop, slanted B pillars...

Attached Files: