Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sectioned Chopped Shortened '52 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnny Hotrod - BC, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Still sanding and sanding started with 1200 3m discs on the da then block with 1200 wet then 1500 wet and then polish! I actually got the roof polished and it looks awsome!! still have many more hours to go.

2. Ya I guess you've got many more hours to go! 1500? Should be using 120 on an orbital, gitter done real quick!
    Lets see some pictures before it snows...............

3. Custom54

Custom54

Looks great John, can't wait to see it in person next spring.

4. As soon as I get it polished Ill post some pics with it a bit assembled should have it done this weekend hopefully!

5. cheddar

cheddar
    from missouri

6. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Hello John, any progress on the car?
    Csn't wait to see it done!

7. Nekronomicon

Nekronomicon

Yeah we need updated pictures, dont tell me the 60 coats of paint has started cracking already :rolleyes:

8. shfifty five

shfifty five
    from New Jersey

I think she's awsome. Very nice work, it a bare metal beauty.

9. Not any more!

10. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

I like it..well all but that cam shaft grill, I'd loose that but the car is bad ass!

11. roaddog

roaddog

this is a killer car from the first time i saw it.congrats on the article in the mag also i love to see that kind of quality work being done.you had a vision and ran with it and now it is paying off.i had the oppertunity to meet gene winfield last summer at our nationals.and he is amazing but to have your car painted by a legend and putting his name on it must be an honor.you are 1 lucky guy!!!!keep us posted on the finish and i will be watching to see as it comes together.

12. just found this thread.....totally blown away by the car.....2 words..MORE PICS!!!!

13. Well John is to old to figure out how to use his digital camera. lol. I was at his place last weekend and went over every inch of the car. WOW. Pictures really don't do it any justice. The color scheme is a love it or hate it deal. But the quality and depth are nothing short of amazing. The fade even carries on in to the door jambs! The pearl looks good enough to eat.
    No, I didn't take any pictures (my bad) but you really need to see this thing up close.

14. billys54

billys54

very impressive looking car

15. badowell54

badowell54

That thing is so fine it makes me sick.

16. rcnut223

rcnut223
    from wisconsin

Brootal

Really !

17. The car is now flat sanded and rubbed out . Its shiny again yea!! This weekend I hope to get it running wiring hoses belts bla bla ect, and oh ya the all important fluids. I cant really get any shots until I get it outside my shops kind of small .

18. 56oldsDarrin

56oldsDarrin

I've been shaking my head for the last 20 minutes. It's just so brilliant, And you made it look so easy...wow...
    Darrin

19. Old Roadster

Old Roadster

Need new pictures, Great build.

20. John, your shop is huge! You just can't figure out how to turn the camera on right?

21. RugBlaster

RugBlaster

22. Custom54

Custom54

It's gonna rain all week, guess we won't see any pics for a while ......

23. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome work! Though I think it needs chrome front and rear bars, balance the car out a little better.
    Doc.

24. RDR

RDR

what a beauty....Great body work and with Gene shooting what else but a fantastic paint job !!! CUDOS to all involved !

25. After 26 days of rain in November I finally got the car outside on the first nice day possible. The pics are a little washed out color wise but they show some progress! I got the handles on, lights installed ,wiring done, it runs! and the air ride plumbed and working next steps are chopping the garnish mldgs cutting down the gauge cluster installing the power windows
    .....interior and a bunch of other stuff.

Attached Files:

26. Nice fishing lure.

27. Yes the worlds biggest! at least mine will have side glass...........it rains around here dont ya know!

28. Ya, I see you even left the drip rails on. Sissy. Not Gene approved you know.

29. Perfect...................................yep!