Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Sectioned '39-'48 Fords

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50Fraud, Sep 21, 2012.

1. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I'm pleased to see this thread come back up. While there are really no new revelations in it, I'd like to add a couple of things that have appeared elsewhere on the HAMB that relate to this topic. So, just to have all this stuff in the same place...

There's a nice thread here:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232506
    ...that covers a nice, early, sectioned '40 convert that's very similar to the Jilek car. It has recently been shown as it nears the completion of a very good restoration:

[​IMG]

I hope we'll get to see that car in completed form soon.

Next, my own car hasn't appeared in this thread in its latest form. No surprises here, but I'm very happy that it's turning out according to plan:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and finally, a little digression: I saw this car elsewhere on the web, and it's really outside the scope of this thread because it's neither sectioned nor channeled. But, DAMN, it's a good looking '40 convert:

[​IMG]

Why include it here? Maybe just to show that there are many ways to skin a cat. This one, with only a chopped top and some surface customizing, has overcome all the faults of the stock '40 convert (except outward visibility, of course).

2. 32 hudson

32 hudson

This a picture of one done in this style in the early sixty's in Maine. The present location is unknown or if it even still exists. My buddy and myself have been looking for information on it.

Attached Files:

3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Looking really good Tony. I like the 47 Fords with slightly raised fenders?

4. Austinrod

Austinrod
    from Austin

Here’s my 39 built in 57
    Chopped 4” sectioned 5”
    E57AF638-ED56-4D6F-B6AC-F4C6317B079C.jpeg

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    gtrhotrod likes this.
  5. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Wow, I had totally forgotten about this thread until Austinrod brought it back up today. It's been more than seven years since the last previous entry, and I never posted my car in finished form (never mind that it's been relentlessly exposed in numerous other threads). To correct this oversight, here's how the car looked by early spring 2017:
    !IMG_1566.jpeg 40-0400Hi.jpg PaulToler, 2017C.jpg
    That's how it's looking today, although it's back at Don Dillard's for an A/C install (BIG oversight on my part) and some cosmetic attention.

The 39 guy, Mike Moreau and Austinrod like this.
  6. goldmountain

goldmountain

How about something a bit older? Scan-200609-0002.jpg