Register now to get rid of these ads!

Second try

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by NAP1947, Apr 15, 2017.

1. NAP1947

NAP1947

I have been a member for a few years but dropped off when I was rather bluntly told my car was not a traditional hot rod, it is a 52 MG TD, riding on a 73 MGB suspension and brakes, with a warmed up Volvo 2 litre (.035 over, with isky torque cam, 4 speed manual and 3.90 rear gears, big tires.
    I have been ostrasized by the MG folks but enjoy touring especially with like minded people.
    I do the work that can myself.
    My question is simple, is this a place for me, or does the car need to be American with a V8 like I was told in the past?
    I await response.
    Norm

2. I'm no expert, but I do know you get better replies when you include pics....... So maybe show us what you got! :)

3. NAP1947

NAP1947

You are right, see avatar

4. DJCruiser

DJCruiser
    from CT

In the 70s, I had a friend with an old MG TA or TC with a Ford V860. It certainly was a hot rod, though probably not the traditional way to make one.

5. el Roach

el Roach
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Norm this site was made for people with traditional hot rods and custom cars like those that were built in the 30's, 40's, 50's and 60's and were built from American cars. No disrespect, but I don't really believe your car fits with what is intended for the HAMB.

6. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

7. NAP1947

NAP1947

An orphan, see you on the road.
    Cheers

8. For what it's worth,I like the TD's,if it were mine I would shoehorn a tri powered sbc or flatty under the bonnet,to each their own. HRP

wraymen likes this.
  9. This site has a bunch of fantastic info and very knowledgeable people. What's wrong with sticking around and contributing with out mentioning your ride? There are probably a mess of folks on here that don't even have a car much less one that fits the mold and is road worthy. Obviously you think outside the box and that's a good thing. I myself have a thing for MG's but don't bring it up very often.

HOTRODPRIMER and lothiandon1940 like this.