Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Seattle-Tacoma HAMBers - Help me Find this Falcon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Thor1, May 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Guys,

I would like to connect with the current owner of this '63 Falcon. If anyone knows the owner and can get me in touch with them it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Thor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 41rodderz

41rodderz
    from Oregon

3. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Oh quit falcon around! There were LOTS of Falcons of that era, 60-63, built into drag/street cars, but not so many with a BBC and GM drive-train. My best friend from high school (66-69) had a 64 Falcon Sprint, that had been a drag car, and was put back on the street. Had been orange, the body-shop he worked at as a sander/masker got it in from a used car lot for a repaint; it wound up painted competition yellow. That was a really bright color for the time, and the same time MOPAR was coming out with their bright colors. It wound up with an I-beam axle under the front and 455 Oldsmobile engine/TH400, and then disappeared. John, AKA Dr. John, Bertolli had a 63 Falcon HARDTOP, with BBC power, but it was strictly a drag car; ran a lot at Bremerton Raceway. His brother ran the Quad dodge, a 56 4 door dodge with 340 power. Hope you find what you're looking for. Do you happen to know of, or remember, The Little Boss truck? 60-63 Falcon Ranchero, with the B-pillar tilted back, BBF power (Boss 429?), and wild paint.Saw it for sale years later and even more years ago; it was a little worse for wear,k and looked like it had sat in someones backyard for 25 years or so. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

chryslerfan55 and Thor1 like this.
  4. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

That was built and owned by member @1971BB427, not sure if he still has it. I will send him a heads up to reply. BTW he is from Portland, about 150 mi south of Tacoma.

Last edited: May 16, 2020

5. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Marty,

1971BB427 sold it one year ago. I have already been in touch with Val and he doesn't remember who bought it, just that they were from the Sea-Tac area of Washington.

I know finding the new owner and getting in touch with them is a long shot, but you don't know if you don't try. I figured if there is any group that could pull it off, it would be the HAMB.

Thanks,

Steve

kidcampbell71 and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

If it wasn't for the quarantine crap now, I might be attending car shows and cruises and see one of the buyer's friends there. I know what motorcycle club he said he belongs to here in Portland, so finding a member and asking would provide an answer I bet!
    I didn't consider keeping his info, and when I sold my Falcon gasser it was a cash sale, so no paperwork to keep. Of course I had his name then, but being old and senile I don't remember in a week who is who!
    Wouldn't have sold it if it wasn't for finding a car I'd wanted since high school in the 60's. I'm closing in on the end of that build over the last year also.
    [​IMG]

If we ever get to car cruises, maybe I'll see one of the guys who pointed him to me when I put it up for sale! Be patient, as it might take awhile the way things are going here in Oregon!

Thor1 and hrm2k like this.
  7. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

1971BB427, thanks for checking in. I will check in with you down the road. The Chevy is looking good. I have been watching your build thread and it sounds nice too!.

Steve

8. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Back to the top. Does anyone know the owner of this car?

Thanks