Register now to get rid of these ads!

Seattle hot rodder

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Early Ironman, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Early Ironman

Early Ironman

My name is Brian,
    Have not been here long. But have been reading threads for a number of years. I really dig what this site is all about.
    I am a boat captain in the offshore oil and gas industry based out of Louisiana. Working every other month. So having every other month off allows me the time to work on projects... and other hobbies.
    Anyway, as you all can relate. The shop is my sanctuary.
    Recently I finished freshening up my daily driven 41 Ford pickup named Fred. Now I am back working on my 54 Chevy Bel Air 2dr ht.
    The 41 is a mild custom. Chopped 2 inches, raised bumpers, mildly built sbc 350, ford 9", ect. A basic amature build. But I drive it every chance I get. It is amazing how often one finds a reason to run an errand. When that involves driving something cool!

The project 54 was my fathers car. He bought it the month before I was born out of a wrecking yard. Was his daily driver for nearly 20 years. So I grew up in it. Also learning to drive on our farm in it when I was 8 years old.
    It is well into it's build now. Although not totally traditional. It will have the look. However I elected to go with an LS1 T56 6 speed combo. With a Currie Enterprises 9 " with 4:10 truetrack posi traction.
    So it should be fun to drive and get decent milage for those long road trips.
    It will be low with frenched headlights, peaked hood, and other traditional custom mods. Wanting it to look like a late 50s early 60s mild custom.
    Will be posting pictures and asking questions as I work.
    Happy hammering!