Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Seattle Area History

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scotts52, Apr 27, 2017.

1. scotts52

scotts52

2. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

3. brasscarguy

brasscarguy
    from seattle

We used to cruise out on Rainier Avenue past the baseball stadium to Keno's drive in. Then down to Seward Park. I remember a very cool 56 Lincoln 2 door hardtop painted pink with 2 champagne glasses and a bottle in the middle of the rear seat cushion. It was always parked on 5th avenue in front of the Blue Mouse theater. It was lowered, frenched headlights, roll and tuck seats. I believe the car was named the "Pink Lady" .I had no money then just hardly could afford hot rod mags.
    Speaking of the Aurora Speedway, I remember as a kid going past on Aurora ave Saturday evenings, the noise of the cars, and the dust in the track lights. One of the best jalopy drivers of the 50's was Jack Connors. He drove a mid 30's dodge coupe with a Dodge hemi v8. He was a fearless driver and won a lot of races. His sponsor was the old Dodge Chrysler dealer in Seattle, SL Savage.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

ClarkH likes this.
  4. lowrd

lowrd

Brasscarguy, your comments about Jack Connors brought back some great memories. I knew Jack through his brother in law during the 60's and 70's. One nice guy with great engine building talent. I was always jealous of his 50 something Lincoln Capri which was just a sleeper. Worked in a shop in the basement of the building he had near the Ballard Bridge on Leary Ave. There was a cam grinder there too but I don't recall his name. Thanks, good times were had, learned a lot from the man.

5. Paul

Paul
    Editor

I see there is a car show at Thun Field put on by the Demonos
    Sunday June 25 2017
    'might have to take a look

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  6. I going to be at a at the Hydroplane and Raceboat museum this Sunday. I'm also going be touring Walt Austin Racing on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

7. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

8. Paul

Paul
    Editor

sounds interesting

[​IMG]

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  9. It's well worth the time.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. Just got home from the show at the hydroplane museum. Great show and even better boats.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. touring1

touring1

Re the Renton loop, one night in 1978, my wife and I were returning home from mexican dinner on 3d st. a loud 70ish Nova pulled to stop light alongside me in my 77 Rabbit. Feeling 16 again(I was 34) and Thinking to have some fun knowing they couldn't hear my near stock 4 banger redlining, I matted it and sidestepped the clutch. They roared up next to me at the next light, saying, Hey, man, what you got in that thing? The not so fun part was my very pregnant wife shouting, "You want me to deliver this baby right here???!!!" Good times. Shortly thereafter , the signs went up, "No cruising"

12. My avatar started as a 1950 lincoln built by Earl Ipson for the 1962 Seattle worlds fair and was in Hot Rod Nov. 1962! My friend has owned it for 35+ years and i have actually talked to the grandson, Earl was a milkman in Stanwood i think.

13. I forgot to mention that I have a picture thread from the show I went to at the hydroplane museum Sunday if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

14. scotts52

scotts52