Register now to get rid of these ads!

Seats for a chopped shoebox,what'd you use?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29EHV8, Mar 31, 2006.

1. My seats in my '50 are beyond repairable.
    I was wondering what anyone else has found that fit good and get ya down low too.
    I'm whacking the roof this w/e on my shoe and wanna be able to be down in the car.
    Front and back are shot,so I gotta raplace both.

Thanx guys....Shiny

2. =mike=

=mike=

how bad is " shot " . . . ? just re-fab them and bold them to the floor . or you could get buckets out of a 60's t-bird .

also how low do you plan on chopping it , and how tall are you ?!? you might be able to get away with a stock seat regardless .

3. The backseat is rusty,bent and broken pieces.
    The front is on its way to lookin like the back.

I'm 6'1" and its gettin chopped lots,6" and 9"
    I like sittin low in all my rides....

4. old beet

old beet

Gettin chopped 6 and 9! Just throw a mattrest in there Shiny, I know where yer heads at!!!!!........OLDBEET

5. Ol Blue

Ol Blue
    from In

I guy I know that's chopped lots of Mercs told me that he recommends a 74-76 Chrysler New Yorker tudor seats. He indicated they will go lower than most and the seatback height and seat width is correct too. I can't find one though. :(

I looked at a local chopped Merc and he thought his seats were out of a Cadillac. The seat was 10" off the floor. Width was 52" and seat back height was 29". I'm 6' 3" and I could see out ok, but it was only 3 1/2 or 4" chop.
    Ol Blue