Register now to get rid of these ads!

Seats for 63 C10??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Onelow34, May 8, 2011.

1. Onelow34

Onelow34

I'm wanting to know what seats work good for the 60's p/u? The seat in mine is shot and wanting to know what fits! Thanks in advance guys!

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

2. BLACKIE HARVELLE

BLACKIE HARVELLE

88-94 chevy truck bench or low back buckets they ride nice and give more leg room.

3. x2 on that seat. You'll need to drill a few holes, no big deal.

4. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You may have to section the bases a bit though as the later model seats seem to sit quite a bit higher than the earlier seat did. Go for the later seats with some shaped support in them as I had an 88 base level seat in the 71 and it looked great but wasn't too comfortable. I have an early 90's split bench in it now and it really sits comfortable. But it could be an inch or so lower as I look out the windshield a lot higher than I used to.

5. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

I put an 85 Dodge truck bench in my 65 C10 and it was real comfy.

6. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

3x on those truck seats and easy install

7. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Had a '80's Ford F-150 front seat in my '65 C10 it was a good fit and comfy.

8. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

late 80's early 90's are the best IMO ..two holes line up....you sit just a little lower compared to orginal seats

9. Onelow34

Onelow34

Awesome! Thanks for the input guys!

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

10. TubularGoose

TubularGoose

I know this thread might be bit out dated but could you explain a bit more on what you mean by more leg room? better yet any body have pics of these seats installed on a 60-66 c-10

11. The 88 and newer GM pickup seat platform is a tad lower than the factory bench seat and the upholstery holds the occupants lower in the seat when installed in a 60-66 application. I have 100k miles of knowledge on that.
    Car bucket seats in this truck cab are too low if bolted directly to the floorboards. They suck after many miles. I have 75k miles of knowledge on that.
    The factory seat is ok at best. Barely. Yep, 25k miles of knowledge with that.
    I stand 5'7", so my comfort basis is in my 30" inseam length. My comfort basis is also from driving home after performing a very physical job for years on end and truck miles on end. I hurt more from climbing out of a stone stock 87 Nissan Sentra after a hard day of work and then the 40 mile drive home vs my ragtag 65 Chevy pickup with a 89 GMC non-headrest bench worn out seat.
    My DD is a 96 Chevy stock 1/2 ton 4wd. If it gets plowed, I know where the split bench will go. I've had my Black Dog 65 Chevy since 86. The Black Dog will roll down the road again one day.

12. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

I used a 73-87 chevy seat, took the brackets off and the 63 brackets bolted right to it, no drilling, no problems... the only thing that sucked was right after the seat went in I needed to change the sending unit in the tank, and the seat I installed did not fold forward.

13. Michael Stiles

Michael Stiles

Hello everyone, new to the c10 world and to this site. I was hoping to get some needed help with this issue im having. I have a 64 c10 short step with no seat currently in it. I was given what appears to be an 88-94 60/40 split bench and I'm wondering if anyone has done this before, or has it only been the full bench. It has 2 of the tall risers on driver side seat and 1 on passenger side seat. But the other riser 20221209_111906.jpg on the passenger side seat is shorter and the seat leans to the middle of the cab. 20221209_111901.jpg Sorry if this has already been talked about but I'm new an I'm trying to navigate the site for my research. I've added 2 pictures to help understand what i mean by the 2 different mount i have on the same seat. Thanks in advance for any help that can be given. Pictures would be very helpful

Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
  14. I have a 1960 parts truck that I believe has a 60/40 like you describe in it. I can try to remember to look how they mounted it.

15. We used to adapt GTO buckets to them, this is 1975 technology and probably not wise now that I look back on it. We used 4" x 4" pieces of lumber, counter-bored holes in them and attached them to the floor. Then lagged the seats into the wood. Luck was with us, no accidents. If I had to do buckets again, I'd look to make the risers out of c-channel steel.

guthriesmith likes this.
  16. Michael Stiles

Michael Stiles

Thx that would be great

guthriesmith likes this.