Register now to get rid of these ads!

Seatbelt suggestions needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sobastrace, Mar 19, 2006.

1. I have been looking in all the restoration and streetrod and custom mags and There are too many options for seatbelts. Do any of you have good or bad stories of any suppliers or manufacturers of seat belts? I need the belts and the floor braces for a 55 fairlane. I like the look of the ones for Hot Rods & Customs in Escondido, but other suppliers have many more options.

Any feedback is greatly apprciated

-Sobastrace

2. Are you doin' a rod or kustom with that '55? I always end up using the old 3" aircraft/competition quick release belts myself.
    -Dean

3. I am doing a mile custom, and the race belts would not have the look I want. I also want something that it is easy to strap a car seat into. This will end up as my wifes weekend car.

-Sobastrace

4. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

One very improtant consideration. If your car is body on frame or will have a roll bar attached to the frame, make sure your belts are anchored to the body and not the frame. If in an accident you want to stay with the body, and not have it go by you if it separates from the frame. Also several shops feature anchor reinforcments make sure you use them, not just big washers. Juliano's has some nice hardware, and some pages on installation