Register now to get rid of these ads!

seat tack strip repair/fix???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tetanus, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Tetanus

Tetanus

My 46 ford seat tack strip on the back of seat is real weak.It looks like rope crimped in the metal frame,its all rotted out but the metal is good.Is there any way to repair this?Only thing I can think of is rip it all out and put some kinda epoxy or hot glue or something that will fill it and I can nail to......Any Ideas?

2. ardunpinto

ardunpinto
    from WACO tx

Its usually some type or pressed cardboard. The make plastic tack strip and your local upholstery shop should have some. You can also use wood sometimes.

3. Tetanus

Tetanus

How would I get it back in there?Its in a channel where the metal is crimped around it.I will try to post pic later.

4. Mac_55

Mac_55

I ran into a similiar problem . SHould be able to bend the metal out , remove the old tack strip and replace with the hard plastic tack strip form an upholstery shop , ORRRR find some small diameter automotive belts , or old lawn mower belts , and use them , they work just fine,

5. ardunpinto

ardunpinto
    from WACO tx

Sometimes you can get to it from the inside, remove your leanback from the frame and i believe there are some tabs you can bend down.

6. Tetanus

Tetanus

heres a pic

Attached Files: