Register now to get rid of these ads!

Seat Heaters

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cragar, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Cragar

Cragar

Seat Heaters who has them in a roadster and what brand is the best to buy are the big pads good or do thay take to long to heat up ?

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

CAUTION: seat heaters will make your nads hang down below your knees

3. I got a good idea, lets put a toaster element in a cloth and foam seat!!!! I am a mechanic and change seat heater elements all the time. If you saw what a bad element does to the foam in a seat you might change your mind. Its a miracle that they dont catch ablaze and they just melt it instead. That being said, i have dealt with some aftermarket companies that make the kits and have had less than stellar success. The replacement parts are difficult to find, and TRUST ME you will need them. Plus WHATS TRADITIONAL ABOUT SEAT HEATERS DUDE!!!!!

4. Cragar

Cragar

Thanks for the warning :D:D

5. Cragar

Cragar

there is nothing traditional about seat heaters but if the misses is warm she is happy and if she is happy I am aloud to have a good time

6. I can understand a smidge if the switches are hidden, but u are asking for harassment on this board asking questions like that. Just lookin ' out for ya pal!

7. Muttley

Muttley

It would be a lot cheaper/easier to just stop by Taco Bell and grab a bean burrito before heading out on a cold day. You can warm your own seat for .79 cents.

8. The underwear gets expensive, yeah thats right i went there.

9. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Speedway has them.
    Living in the desert, we figured they were useless but the new HHR came with them anyway.
    Once my wife figured out they help her arthritis and back pain, she loves them. I put one in her 50 Burb.

10. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

11. billbrown

billbrown
    BANNED

Im a gm mechanic and those things are the biggest pain in the ass. Every godawful Buick has those and they short out and and smoke. Really scary for something that is irreplaceable.

12. riverrat

riverrat

ill bet some of you traditional guys even like a hot shower now and then.
    riverrat

13. That doesnt make sense

14. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There is someone that was selling them on here. They were just mats that you could cut to fit and had a very minimal amount of wiring. Probably something you chould throw in a bucket seat when it's chilly to keep your buns toasty (or your significant other's buns toasty) and remove them when they're not used. If I recall they were cheap and had all the fail safe stuff built in.

If you do a search for "seat warmers" they might come up.

15. Retrorod

Retrorod

Flower's floor in her roadster is 3/16" diamondplate steel....bare.....in about 30 minutes the exhaust pipes under the floor warm it nicely. The only problem is during the summer.....it isn't very comfy, but she NEVER complains. (she built it so she has no one to complain to!!)

It's a roadster, right?

16. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Being traditional means roughing it, on every level. No showers at all.

17. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

Put the aftermarket seat heaters in a topless Jeep. Wouldn't be without them now! The switch placement is critical to avoid leaving them on.

18. <FANG>

<FANG>
    from W.L.A.

I had a London Taxi once with a rear seat heater
    It was just a small radiator core with a fan unit
    It worked

19. Well... Shit...!

I thought this was going to be another pin-up thread...

JOE:cool:

20. Dad

Dad
    from Lena Ill

I had electric seat in my 27 roadster, bottom worked OK but the lower back was the best. Caught a lot of shit about it but it still worked excellent. Go for it, easy to hide the switch, nobody will know.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

21. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Why would Nads be hangin around down there?:eek:

22. Fuck seat heaters, how about seat coolers? My ass sweats on the leather seats in my daily everyday on the way home, even with the A/C on full blast. Doesn't some new car have them?

23. C-1-PW

C-1-PW

No. Not traditional. Use a body file every couple of weeks. That's what they're for, isn't it?

24. tjm73

tjm73

I was told by my friend that used to work for Infinity that they have electric heater/cooler seats and the elements are removable. So you might look into that.

25. bryan6902

bryan6902

Wouldn't a pin-up thread be about seat covers?

26. Cragar

Cragar

Thanks for all the replys I will be hiding the switches and wiring them through the ignition so they don,t get left on

27. I like BEANS>>>>.