Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods SEARCHING FOR TWO GENTELMEN HENRY NIGG OR AL MAHANEY

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Richard Seabaugh, Oct 24, 2014.

1. I am looking for infor on to these two men. 1st is Al Mananey and the 2ed is Henery Nigg. I believe I have Al's 1967 Mark Williams built Sling shot dragster. I am just looking for history info and if either of the two are still around and if I'm headed in the right direction to track down this cars history

Attached Files:

2. hemidigger

hemidigger

3. hemidigger

hemidigger

If you are still looking fo info on Al Mahany and the
    MW dragster, I would be happy to share what I know.
    I lived and raced out of Sioux City, Iowa at that time,
    as did Al . He passed away in Feb of this year

4. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

5. Thanks you for the return email.... I wrote that some time ago and have found out a lot and talked to some of Al's family and Mr Harrison who drove the car too... Its sad we lost a great man like Al.. I would had loved to meet with him. I have since got a lot of old pictures and a lot of it history but all the more info is great. How did you know Al? When I found the old fed it was in pretty bad shape. and to see it in its true form when Al built is is kinda disheartening to say the least... About the only thing left that is original is the frame from the motor back, the olds rear with the Micky Thompson center (very cool) and the steering wheel and seat... Al was a tall man. All the body is gone and the big hemi too.. the old car is in other wise great shape.. its been under cover.
    I have in the last couple of years been putting it back together. Its at the end of the month its going to the chassis shop for some safety updates and some driver changes to get me to fit the car.. Im 5 10 .. Al was 6 6 I believe So, I cant reach the peddles! But I would love to hear what you know about this old car and Al, I do when its ready to bring it back up to Sioux to run it for Mr Harrison and it will be at the HAMB drags next year at Mokan in Mo.
    I have up laoed a few pictures of it ... last one is as I own it today

Attached Files:

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

7. suedestude

suedestude

His Crosley is still in Sioux City . I remember watching him race his dragster. Really cool

8. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

My dad is standing next to Al in the pic with the Crosley. That pic is from our family collection. Last I heard Henery was in the Clear Lake area of Nor. Cal

9. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

Who has the Crosley?

10. nochop

nochop
    from norcal

If you look at my avatar, you can see Al's Chrysler, I think it may have been a 300

11. Yes I have that pic with Henry and All next to the Crosley too.... I would love to see some pictures of the old Rail in action ..... I understand from Harrison who drove it too it was a 198 mph car...I even have pictures of Al last car it was a corvette flopper

12. he was his latest i believe

Attached Files: