Register now to get rid of these ads!

Search question

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Saxman, Oct 31, 2014.

1. I wanted to search for 283 builds so I used "283" as a search keyword for title only but it seems to return random results, none of which have "283" in the title. Just curious about the search logic. Does it not like the strictly numeric characters or perhaps not enough characters in the my keyword? I'm trying to figure out another way to find the 283 threads. I know there's a bunch of them!

Thanks guys!

2. I have found that the best way to make the search engine work properly is to click on the "more" tab you can then select search in titles only & can also choose between most recent or relevance (most recent works best.

3. I tried that. No dice. Something is definitely funky. I'm thinking maybe not enough characters.

If I try the search term "283", I get seemingly random results (no 283 in title). If I enter "283 327", then I get relevant results. Oh well.

Thanks for trying to help.

4. Type "283" (including quotes) into the search box. If you want to limit your search to titles only, you can select that option.

5. Awesome! I didn't think to use quotes on a single keyword but that works perfectly! Thanks for your help.