Register now to get rid of these ads!

search function does not work

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by sport fury, Nov 30, 2014.

1. sport fury

sport fury

i am unable to use the search function even while logged in

2. sport fury

sport fury

reply #1 is on my ignore list so no help there.

3. Thanx HRP. :D I don't use the search function here much largely because I was usually disappointed with the results, combined with the fact that I never bothered to read the instructions. o_O But since you decided to post the link here I figured I might as well dig in and read up on the subject.

But I think there's still maybe a couple of flaws in the instructions. First, the sample search shows the search terms ford and roaster, which is obviously a forgivable typo. It's just sort of amusingly ironic that it shows up in this tutorial. At least I think it is; I'm never really sure about irony. I know it's not sarcasm. :confused:

So I did a similar experiment using the terms ford manifold with no quotes. The tutorial states that this should return results that contain both the words. It actually seems to return results that contain both words or either word individually. And it seems to give priority to results containing both words.

Then I searched again with "ford manifold" in quotes. It worked as described returning results that contained the phrase "ford manifold" only.

Now I've got to figure out what happens when you check the box that says Display Results As Threads. :)

4. sport fury

sport fury

when i click on the magnifying icon no search box appears

5. Ooof! I've got no explanation for that. Are you working with a smart phone or are you on a desktop? If a desktop or laptop, what browser are you using, and do you have a different browser you could try?

If it's a smart phone I got no idea what's going on there. :confused: