Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Search for the T Bird Deuce

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ragtop, Nov 13, 2010.

1. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

I tried to buy this roadster back in 1973 but couldn't get the deal to go through. I'm in contact with the original owner/builder and I've traced it through approximately 10 other owners since that but I've come to a stand still. Does anyone here recognize this car? It was originally built in 1955 from a deuce roadster (of course) and a new, wrecked 55 or '56 T Bird - thus the Y Block and the T Bird instrument panel. It would be very cool to be able to contact whoever owns it now and at least pass on the history of this ride to him. Here's a few pics. I think it has a Ford big block in it now. It's easily identifiable by the rear fender treatment. Thanx

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
    Stogy likes this.
  2. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Here's a few more shots with the new motor. It should be somewhere in the Detroit area.

Attached Files:

Stogy likes this.
  3. Deuces

Deuces

I ain't never seen it in my neck of the woods.... Then again, I don't get out much. :(

Stogy likes this.
  4. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

The last Michigan owner was a guy named R Klann. Ever hear of him?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011

5. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Here's some more pics. This car has a greeat history and must hold the record for the greatest number of owners of a Hot Rod.

Attached Files:

Stogy likes this.
  6. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

The last owner we were able to find sold the car about 20 years ago. At that time it had been converted to a 351 engine and the novel rear fenders had been removed so it's probably a contemporary Street Rod now. Too bad, it was an extremely well done car for it's time. If anyone knows anything about this ride I'd really appreciate a pm. Ths car has a great history and will be featured in Candaian Hot Rods Magazine probably in January or February. Lots of great info about this car built in 1955. BTW it wasn't built from a t bird but a regular 55 Ford that had only 1300 miles on it - the 312 was a crate motor that was installed after the car had been driven and drag raced.

7. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

We were able to find some more recent pictures of the car. It seems to have dissapeared around 1994 in the Adrian Michigan area. It had been turned into a fairly typical contemporary Street Rod by this time, but it would be cool to be able to find it after all these years. We were able to trace this car from 1955 through 13 different owners, 6 cities and two countries right up until 1993, and there's an article we wrote about all of this in the latest issue of Canadian Hot Rods. I'm posting a few of the later photos in hopes that someone will recognaize the car and lead us a little farther along.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. will 83

will 83

great project -- I remember seeing this car at Grand Bend Dragway in the mid 60's

9. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Yes, a couple of the owners raced it at Grand Bend.

10. LanceM

LanceM
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Amazing to see any vehicle modified by time and its subsequent owners.
    Best of luck to you in locating it!

11. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Ragtop, Hope you find this dream rod and return it to the T-Bird Deuce. I really like it when it was in that configuration. Good luck.

Dave

12. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Thanx guys. Yes it was such a cool car originally. Too bad it was turned into a more contemporary car, but stuff happens.

13. will 83

will 83

I heard from a guy who remembers seeing this car, or one that looks vey much like it at a show in Ohio a number of years ago. He thought maybe Columbus or Toledo.
    Can anybody supply me with the names of some car clubs in Ohio or a person to contact in Ohio?
    Thanks
    Will

14. will 83

will 83

15. just got the copy of Canadian Hot Rods with that car in it.

16. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Yep, my article. Looks like we may have located the car! We've chased this roadster from 1955 through about 17 different owners, 10 cities, and two countries. Have not actually touched it yet so who knows but we're hoping the latest info is good. I'll do a follow up article if everything goes right. In the mean time if anyone knows anything about this car please go ahead and send what you can. BTW, thanx for reading Canadian Hot Rods - the publisher is a great guy and there's a lot of good stuff in his magazine.

17. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Ragtop, That is some great news that you have located the T-Bird Roadster ! Will be looking forward to your update on it.

Dave

18. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Thanx 41. This morning we located yet one more owner of this car. Sadly he's passed away but his wife has xome pics. Looking forward to seeing them. She was very happy to learn a bit of the history of the car and wants to contribute to the story. We've met some great people through this process.

19. will 83

will 83

It has been a great ride so far and the ride continues.

20. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

The story continues. We've recently found another owner that we didn't know about and he says he bought it from another guy we don't know. That make 22 owners in all including John who was the fourth owner and now has the car back. New website coming soon about this car and it's story. I'll post a link when it's ready. There's even a short film in which the car was used as a by an armed forces enlistment group.

21. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

We have now found 22 owners of this great old Hot Rod since it was built in 1955! The latest owner (#22) was also the 4th owner back in 1963 and he has produced this website which reveals the history of the car, as story I wrote for a couple of publications and a short video that was shot back in 1959 as an army recruitment film. Pretty cool site - enjoy

www.tbirddeuce.com