Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sealed beam question?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tysond, May 12, 2005.

1. tysond

tysond

I have a set of oval shaped headlights I want to use on the Model A, but they only have an on and off setting, no high low.
    I was wanting to update the sealed beam globe, but good luck finding something to fit. I need high and low for rego, and I don't want to put a on second set of lamps for low.
    I don't think they'll be very bright as is. It has a frenel style lense on it.
    Any Ideas? Can I just try and fit a globe with high and low in it? I'll try and put some photos up tommowow, because I'm not so good with my words tonight.

2. If you dont need the hi/lo feature for legal reasons, you might try a halogen sealed beam for a car set up with 2 low/2 high beam headlights. Seems that they are a little smaller in diameter and might fit inside the housings you want to use with a little inginuity. The halogen is brighter than a standard sealed beam and you might get away with just using one set.

3. I don't know if they will work in your application but Speedway has a H3 kit that is easy, works well and is not very expensive. Of course you will have to have decent reflectors for them to work up to par.

4. tysond

tysond

Heres some photos. Can anyone ID these aswell. I have no idea what they're off. Tey say made in england on them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Phil1934

Phil1934

Can you just add a second set of lights and then pull them off or mount some Dietz ands swap them for these after registration?

6. tysond

tysond

I can do that, the chances of someone noticing that they're not high and low beam after the roadworth are pretty low.
    But money is low, so I was looking for something cheap to do on the car.

7. Tysond, I did a search through the web and I think I found your lights. This is on a 1934 Bentley, note the center light and it is made by Notek as is yours.

8. striper

striper