Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Seafoam Green? Love it /Hate It?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Blurr, Apr 30, 2009.

1. The Blurr

The Blurr

I was looking for some opinions from you fellers. I have a 1960 chevy wagon I getting ready for paint. My first thought was to do a black base coat with red metal flake over it on the body and on the the top a frosty white with a white pearl flake on that. So I have been sanding and the original color is coming out and it is that seafoamy green. I stand back and look at that and I think I like it alot better. I think it would go well with my idea and direction. I was thinking of doing a frosty seafoam green with the white top. Do you guys/gals think I am crazy? Have I brought my mind set to the days of pastels and checkerboard paint splash graphics with this color choice? Should I buy my hawaiian shirt with 57 chevys all over it now? Or will I accomplish my goal of having a late custom / early lowrider. Any and all opinions welcome.

Thanks,

2. t-town-track-t

t-town-track-t
    from Tulsa

3. Do it. It's the perfect choice...

4. Degreaser

Degreaser

One of my all time favorite colors....and if thats your bird in your avitar, I dig the paint. Just sold my 60 bird to put money in my 59 chevy wagon.

5. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

i like it !

Attached Files:

6. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

I'm a big fan of green......but Seafoam green and other similar colors are just too pale for my tastes, always looks faded IMO....

7. The Blurr

The Blurr

Haha! It sounds like we were in the same boat my friend! Yes that is my t-bird I just finished it is now getting pinstriped. I wanted to sell it also but my wife really loves it. And Thank You for the compliment.

8. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

I like it. Its a period color, too, at least for stockers. I couldn't say how many customs may have used it, though.

9. pan-dragger

pan-dragger

i like the idea. here's one of mine.
    [​IMG]

10. The Blurr

The Blurr

I can see what you are saying. I was trying to think of some ways to brighten it up a bit. Or maybe just stand out a little more. I saw a truck in The Rodders Journal a 55 chevy that has a seafoam green a little on the bluer side but it knocked my socks off!!! By far the coolest color on any car or truck I have seen anywhere.

11. The Blurr

The Blurr

VERY NICE!!!! Is that original? If not what color (if you you don't mind me asking):eek:

12. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

How 'bout the Seafoam green....but with an abalone pearl white top...for extra ZING.

13. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

Wouldn't that be "green turquoise", instead of seafoam green?

14. Marty McFly

Marty McFly

That's the color of my guitar and it has a white pick guard, it is a bitchin' color- paired with white it has glow to it!

M. McFly

15. I love all of those seafoam/ surf green / tropical turquoise type colors on a 50's car. They ain't too shabby on a Stratocaster either.

[​IMG]

16. We've been trying to get someone around here to paint a car seafoam for years and haven't been able to get er done. :D I think it's a cool color on the right car.

17. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Seafoam and white? You could say I like it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. The Blurr

The Blurr

That would be super cool! I think I know a place where I could get real abalone pearl too!

19. eye bone

eye bone

It's just a color… it all depends on how you use it!

20. metalman

metalman

My 59 Chevy wagon was originally sea foam with a slightly darker top, was planning to keep it that way but sold it before paint. Did this Rambler last year, everyone seems to dig the black with it.
    IMG_0873-2.jpg

21. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

Seafoam Green?! :eek: ;) My absolute favorite color for older cars :cool::cool::cool:, my Stude was originally White over Seafoam (or whatever Studebaker called it) Green. If the day ever comes that it gets painted it's going back to factory colors.

22. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Saw this wagon at GNRS. I don't know what the colors are but I really like it.

Attached Files:

23. dsiddons

dsiddons
    from Indiana

LOVE IT! Probably one of my favorites.

24. Squablow

Squablow

If that Rambler pic doesn't seal the deal then I don't know what will. Looks just right.

sevenhills1952 likes this.
  25. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Seafoam....a classy color.....very classy.

26. banditomerc

banditomerc

I am just waiting for CANDY SEAFOAM GREEN!

27. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

I asked the paint guy for a seafoam green. I like that color. This is the color he mixed for me. Not quite as close to the color on the hirohata merc or the other ones but i guess its still considered a seafoam. Its not the permanent color but something thats easy to touch up while its being "modified". A color this light though tends to show alot of stuff....like greasy hand prints or road grime.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

are you talking about the factory GM color that came on the mid 60's cars, like the 65 impala or something different

I want to paint my 57 that color.

29. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

I know Mine isnt Seafoam.. [​IMG]

But I do like The Seafoam Color..