Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest SE Gassers on Moonshiners

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dreamweaver, Feb 28, 2019.

1. I caught the SE Gassers folks on Discovery Channel Moonshiners Tuesday night. Anyone else see it?

2. 3340

Yes , the drag racing from my era, I really enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

3. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

The SE Gassers have really found there true place in drag racing and once you go to one of their shows you are hooked on good old school drag racing again just like back in the 60's
    Jimbo

Lost in the 60s Just the way I like it.jpg

chryslerfan55 and Dog_Patch like this.
  4. brianf31

brianf31
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I detest reality TV but they did a good job on this one. They got the message out without adding a bunch of cooked-up drama.

I'm planning to make the London, KY race this year. I told the wife we were going hiking in Daniel Boone National Forest but to plan on a side trip for a few hours:)

5. I could be a little biased - but it turned out great in my opinion. Filmed it just like the race went down, no re-takes no fake races. You lose you're on the trailer.

6. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Yup, lots of wheel standing and 4 speeds. Josh said rev engine to 7500 and dump the clutch. Then he proceeded to miss a gear. Thought the old dirt track motor ran pretty good.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  7. loudbang

loudbang

1947knuck and chryslerfan55 like this.
  8. MikeC62

MikeC62
    from Missouri

I thought they did a good job keeping the usual Reality Show drama out of it.

9. oldolds

oldolds

That link will probably work next week. They hold things back so you have to watch a couple reruns of it on the tube first.

10. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

I cringed when the wagon flipped , then after he said he had two more to replace it. real down to earth folks is what I like .

delray57 and Atwater Mike like this.
  11. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I got the link to work, but I'm at work and it's time to 'work'
    OK I have now been shown something that does not exist in SoCal and we should have,,,,

12. 26Troadster

26Troadster

i saw something about the se gassers were on tv, but never thought it was on moonshiners as i don't watch the show.

13. Finn Jensen

Finn Jensen
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I happened to stumble on to the start while channel surfing, and then stayed to watch the whole episode. I thought that it was very well done.

14. 36cab

36cab
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The link worked for me this morning.

15. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

16. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

What is it they say about like minded people?
    When I saw this one on the schedule I thought "I bet my wife would like to visit her sister in Kentucky", then I says to myself, hell why don't we both go.
    I guess it's probably my best chance at a SEG event considering I haven't been able to get my HAMB pal @Dog_Patch (Hey Tony) to talk Quain and the boys into coming out West.

chryslerfan55, catdad49 and Dog_Patch like this.
  17. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Thanks, Dog_Patch!!! Just like bein' there, out here in Calif we have a Roku that gets us a few channels...
    Sure like those boys at the track...Just like it was HERE in the '60s, Fremont drags.
    We have Eagle Field here, just 15 miles out my back door...Real heads up racing.
    My '54 Ford Coupe is coming along, anxious to go thru those gears again...406 style!

chryslerfan55, catdad49 and Dog_Patch like this.
  18. brianf31

brianf31
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ha! You gotta scheme a bit when the wifey is involved in your adventures.