Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scroungers Blowout 2010 T' + other kool stuff auction to benifit Kiwi Kev's nephew

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55olds88, Apr 9, 2010.

1. 55olds88

55olds88

wow that has to be the biggest mouthfull of title known to man.....

O.K. down to the serious stuff, At the Scroungers Blowout last weekend people doug deep and a lot of funds were raised raised to help the HAMB's and The Scroungers very own Kiwi Kev's young Nephew, a talented Airbrush artist fighting a battle with Skin Cancer..... Kev's words to me are below, as you can imagine having to fly to another country to get treatment is neither cheap or easy.

"He has skin cancer that is spreading through his body and is getting experimental treatment in Australia. They are having positive results but because it is experimental they can't get financial aid. There are many trips to Austalia and back and it is only due to friends and family that they can do it. Very devastating."

So......... driving home from the show thinking what can I do to help, well normally I buy an extra T' shirt at the show and either auction here for the HAMB or send to a friend overseas, so this year I'm thinking hey toss the shirt and some other bits on the board and at the end of the auction the Funds go to Kev to pass on and I will post the goodies to the lucky winner, So to kick off we have the below (if any Kiwi's want to add something Small and Kiwi in feel free to step up)

1 x Scroungers 2010 Blow out Black T'shirt XL
    1 x Car Kulture Deluxe issue 1 NOS
    1 x One Percent Magazine issue 1 hot off the press here in NZ

Auction runs till midnight Friday 16th HAMB central time.

Attached Files:

2. $40. It's for a good cause guys!

3. I will throw in a copy of Craig Stares "Muscle Car Madness" book. for this great cause.

I don't know the person involved but was lucky enough to meet Kiwi Kev when i stayed with Squeak for 3 months in 2001, i was diagnosed with cancer in 2008 and had to cancel my trip to Bonneville in that year, & so I am happy to contribute to this.

Goodluck & best wishes

4. I'll bid U.S. $100.

5. Heres a pic of the book.
    [​IMG]

6. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

Good on ya Nick ,its a very cool book,lots of Craigs antics while in the States.;)

7. Beach Hop

Beach Hop

I'll throw in a Beach Hop 10th Anniversary DVD which sold out at the Hop,

[​IMG]

And a 2m x 1.2m vinyl printed banner - 1x auctioned for NZD$500 at the Hop 2 weeks ago. Winner will pay for the shipping?

A bloody great cause.

Noddy

8. The DLRA (dry lakes racers Australia) have kindly donated to the cause, from them a 20th anniversary t shirt, poster & decal.
    Thanks very much guys.

9. Let's see,

XL Blowout T shirt
    One percent mag #1
    CK Deluxe #1
    MC Madness book
    Beach Hop DVD
    Beach Hop Banner
    DLRA T shirt
    DLRA poster
    DLRA decal

I bid $120

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  10. kiwiwilly

kiwiwilly

as there are bids from NZ and the USA are we taking all bids in US$ or NZ$

11. Let's make it NZ dollars to keep it simple. (but if I win I'm paying US dollars) Does that sound OK 55olds88, your auction, you decide.

12. NZ$150.00 here.

Thanks

Clive

13. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Kiwi Kev is the best. So I will throw in ..........

a complete set of my limited edition magazines. That includes number 1 which has been sold out for quite a while. There are 6 issues total. I will also add 4 shirts (depending on size availability), OR 2 shirts and a hoodie (if I have your size). Stickers etc etc. Let's just say you will be well taken care of.

you can see shirts and mags at carsnotculture.com

Attached Files:

14. Church

Church
    from South Bay

and...

Attached Files:

15. 32ford5

32ford5
    from Australia

16. Coby, that is super generous. You rule!!

17. Kiwi Kev is a good friend and i've been honored to attend his BBQ at his house after the Primer Nats in the past few years.
    I wish I had something better to offer,but I KNOW that there are MANY Diecast collectors on the HAMB,so i'm donating my 35th Anniversary Mercury. It's 1/24 scale and highly detailed. Hood,doors,and trunk open. I've seen them for $200 plus on E-bay,so let's DIG DEEP for Kiwi Kev!!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. 55olds88

55olds88

Wow guys this has taken off, thats a whole bundle of swag, and the best we can do is an Aussie bidding usd 200.00, come on folks...... currenlty I figure you would be comming out of this with a whole heap of stuff for beer money.
    Thanks Nick, Noddy, Coby and Bob

19. I'll go $300 NZD

Here's my donation to add to the package. A4 in size , hand embossed .

Shrapnel :cool:

Attached Files:

20. 32ford5

32ford5
    from Australia

$400 in a blink.

21. donbondi

donbondi

22. tanalised

tanalised

23. 55olds88

55olds88

thanks Shrapy and Tanalised, someone is getting the hell deal here, remember folks in the US can bid too, all bids in USD please to keep it simple.

24. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm pretty sure I have 3 brand new, never worn HAMB/ JJ t-shirts that I'll throw into the mix. Granted they are size medium, but I have 'em. I'll grab them and some photos when I get to my folk's house tomorrow morning.

25. Kiwi Bob

Kiwi Bob

[​IMG].

hi guys , this is my 1st ever post on here,so i hope i don't stuff it up.

For the Auction I pledged (on behalf of the DLRA) some items.T shirt , Decal , Poster.(Havn't got my hands on the poster) , BUT,have added - 2003 Speedweek T shirt (L) , One of our team caps , stubbie cooler , picture of our #66 C/GCC Falcon . and a dvd of our trip to the salt in 2009 (showing alot of outback Aussie scenery along the way),probably find some other trinkets to through in too.

Cheers , Bob.

26. donbondi

donbondi

27. 55olds88,good on ya,what a great idea.Kiwi Bob,welcome to the Hamb. I bid $600usd.

28. Ok , here's an idea , , , 55olds88 , I've got $50nz to add to the cash intake. Anyone else care to join in ??? every bit counts :D

I'll need the account details to forward money to , as well as postal for the "Old Crow" pic.

Shrapnel :cool:

29. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

How about we add to the DVD selection.......
    whoever wins will get all 6 of our Vintage Torque DVD

Vintage Torque 1-5 (5 will be hitting the streets in about 10 days) and The Hunnert Car Pile Up DVD

Just let me know where to send!

GOOD LUCK!