Register now to get rid of these ads!

Screwed again by Cord parts sellers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slate, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Slate

Slate

Man, I was ready to post pictures of a rear seat I thought I was lucky to find. The interior of my 36 Beverly was of the fixed armrest type or "Armchair Beverly" Only 56 of these interiors were known to be made (only about 14 in 37), but it is possible and likely that there were others.

Anyway, the guy tells me that he has an armchair beverly seat in good shape, but will need to be recovered (obvious for anything that old!). For 400 bucks + shipping (90 - biz rate, as this thing is about 80+ lbs). I get the seat, in terrible shape and the WRONG one, for the folding armrests of the much more common setups almost exclusively found in 37's.

Now I get stuck with shipping it back $$ and to top it off, I passed on similar (but still incorrect seats) that were 50 + shipping (for two whole sets of seats, not just a rear seat) on ebay for this deal!!

The other part I got was "the good one" of what he had - I would've hated to see the bad one! The only accurate item was a sun visor and still not cheap.

Note: The setup was not popular because it made the car a 4 seater or 2+2 like and you had to climb over it to get in from the pass (curb, mud-free) side - the side with the door lock.

Bottom line - imagine if there were only 3000 32 3-w made and see what the prices and shenanigans would be! As I posted somewhere else, reason #49,874,987 I'm NEVER putting back the orig. drivetrain. Viva la Flatty!

I attached some pics of what the seats should look like.

Rant Over

Attached Files:

2. mikaelmtb

mikaelmtb
    from Denmark

Wow they look cool!! Will you post a picture of your car? :)

I hade a similar experience on eBay when I bought some Fenton headers for my chevy, but I luckily ended up with a better deal at the end!!

3. Slate

Slate

The pictures are of what the interior SHOULD/WILL look like. Check out my intro for a pic from the 60's with it in primer.

Rant #2: Guy charged me $90 for shipping. Cost me less than $45 to ship it back same way. Plus, there were no ends to the box, just shrink wrap, so the seat was literally dragging the ground at the torn wrap spots when it came in with the uncovered metal tabs bent from scraping in transit.

4. Damn!-Do they have a TV tray and a remote?:p
    Those are cool lookin'!!!

5. Slate

Slate

Choprods, I agree - they are damn cool! Just gotta find a set (the P O in the 60's took out the front seat armrest and some of the trim on the seatback) Will have to fab something from these pictures and, if I'm lucky, some measurements (maybe a hollow armrest for a cooler :) or something else).

Hard to find just pics of the darn things - these are untouched originals and the brochures are the only other pics I've seen.

6. Upchuck

Upchuck
    from Canada BC

them seats are built in birth control

7. Slate

Slate

I think there are several ways areound that one! :eek:

8. ray

ray
    from colorado

maybe you should have requested pics from the seller?