Register now to get rid of these ads!

scratch built 25 dodge update 3

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jaxx, Apr 8, 2008.

1. jaxx

jaxx

2. brewsir

brewsir

Damn you're ambitious..should be a cheap project unless you count your time!

3. LabRat

LabRat

Keep at it , I'm jealous at the reward you will get when your done !

4. rebstew187

rebstew187

Just wondering if there has been anymore progress on this? Looks killer so far...

5. Toqwik

Toqwik

You're my hero, what an undertaking.........

6. jaxx

jaxx

here is the latest - have been gathering parts for the last few weeks - think I've found a slant six - steering box - rear end - made the sreering wheel - fabed the front radius rods - scored a small drum for a gas tank - built the grill shell frame - am working on the hide away headlights now-made a shift knob and hung the front spring - still under $ 100 total investment but this is taking forever - Jaxx

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  7. jaxx

jaxx

A question about axle travel at the frt spring location - how much clearance do you have set between your frt spring and the top of your axle - I am setting up for 1/2 in from the bottom of my spring and the top of the axle - is that enough ?? - 1 1/2 in between axle and bottom of frame ?? - jaxx

8. Ice man

Ice man

Looks like you have the same set up I have, almost. Mines from a 68 GMC/Chevy van. I need to shorten my main leaf. Its to long, but no spring shops here. Once the weight was all added, the shackles are to close to the axle pads. Let me know if you are doing any thing differently. Down here you got to use what you got, and thats what exactly what i did. Also need to get it to an alingment shop, think i need a bit more king pin angle. Ice man

Attached Files: