Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scrappers stole my 29 Sedan !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by #1 Kawboy, Aug 30, 2011.

1. shoprat

shoprat
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange, CA

I know of someone stealing all the main caps off of several old Hemi's that were left
    outside.:mad:

2. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

Damn man that sucks hate to hear that shit. Havent had anyone brave or stupid enough to try to steal as the whole block scratch thst the whole mtn knows they will get shot if they come mess with our shit.

3. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

A big part of this thievery is drug use and supporting a habit.

Some people say Drugs are harmless and should be leagized.

Bullshit, drugs are a lot of the reason these scum bags are stealing your stuff.

Drugys and tweakers do not have jobs to pay for their habit and it is much easier to steal your shit instead of work.

Stealing scrap metal is easier than working for a living and affords them thier drug habit.

Unless we geta handle on the drug issue our country faces you should expect the stealing to get much worse.

I do not miss the tweakers roaming the my old nieghborhood in So-Cal.

4. I had to guys with a big truck and winch trailer asking about two old trucks I have sitting on my property. They drove a half mile onto our property to our shop to "find" someone to talk to. I told them to get lost, they looked life low life scum that woulda stole it if I hadn't been there. I wrote down their plate numbers while they were turning their truck around...so I figured they know I'm not messin around.

5. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

STERN doesn't make weapons...I would allow them to talk to Mr Smith and Mr Wesson...from over the perp's shoulder as he's motating off my property - rapidly.

"talking to"....LOL you "talk to" your kids....you stop the thieves in their tracks....if you have skills - do it with your hands....if you own any kind of a weapon - take it out, let them see it (from a distance) and if they make any threatening moves, drop 'em and stick an old screwdriver in their hand.

dj

6. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

I called a scrapper that advertised and GAVE him two huge piles of scrap farm junk just to get it out of my field when I first bought the place. The only thing I kept out of the pile was a big ol' clawfoot tub. I told him I was going to keep that for when I restored the house. Yep, you guess it! He took the damn tub too and then dodged all my calls for months! The next scrapper that shows face on my property get introduced to "ZEUS" (Cane Corso) and "SADIE" (American Bulldog), shouldn't be much left to clean up!

7. How come I can't get any one to steal the junk engine at the end of my driveway....;)

8. Had one of my cars for sale a while back, and the buyer asked "Hey, what's in your garage?" to which I replied "Nothing worth you getting shot over!". Of course, the car for sale was parked outside. There are but maybe five people, other than my wife and kids, that I trust in my shop. No one else enters, period.

9. That's a terrible thing to hear. I was so pissed to come home one day only to find some sockets missing, and my neighbor tell me she saw the guy do it but was too scared to call the cops! I can only imagine how you must feel. I wish California's heart didn't bleed so much when it comes to protecting your property. Where in the hell is the accountablity to the scrap yards? They're the ones enabling/encouraging these pricks!

10. #1 Kawboy

#1 Kawboy
    from Fl

STERN doesn't make weapons...I would allow them to talk to Mr Smith and Mr Wesson...from over the perp's shoulder as he's motating off my property - rapidly.

"talking to"....LOL you "talk to" your kids....you stop the thieves in their tracks....if you have skills - do it with your hands....if you own any kind of a weapon - take it out, let them see it (from a distance) and if they make any threatening moves, drop 'em and stick an old screwdriver in their hand

Well said propwash..... well said.

11. #1 Kawboy

#1 Kawboy
    from Fl

How come I can't get any one to steal the junk engine at the end of my driveway

Is it a Ford......or Dodge ? :p

12. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

This stuff is just unreal. Hate to hear of it.

13. peter schmidt

peter schmidt
    from maryland

Im the welder for the county roads dept. Where I live I've had to weld down every storm drain in every shit neighborhood around here I have no problem with people scrapping but I hate thieves there bad around here I know the guys from both the local scrapyards and there good people the will call the cops if something is fishy and they let me go threw there junk sometimes you'd be amazed what people throw away. No matter what you bring in they photocopy your I.d. and write down every vin of every car you bring in. I find car batteries and stuff all the time and people I know useually call me if they have a washer fridge ect... to get rid of. There's no prob with people scrapping metal but there is if the metals not there's to scrap

14. msalamanca

msalamanca

Have you had anyone over the house recently that was new?

When I am out working on my car or just in the garage, like yesterday, 3 scrappers came by, I live in a culdesac. My neighbors all watch out for eachother, for a example someone T boned a neighbors car because he was going way to fast and tried to fish tail around the corner. Needless to say he had a whole neighbor hood corner him against the wall, when he tried to flee on foot.

But the scrappers, they will drive by back up and watch my house. I have walked out a couple times with a pipe, I am 6', 230 lbs and covered with tattoos. They will take off very fast when they see me, but the problem is its different ones everyday.

Sounds like they are the same everywhere. I can understand that they can come in handy, if it has a sign by the street say free, or scrap. Other then that its uncalled for to be a parasite

15. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

Sorry about your loss man. Thats really hurtfull to lose something like that.
    I had a complete 283 block and Th350 dissapear on me :mad: .
    first the eng, and the trans a month later. along with a bunch of tractor weights an other heavy shit & such.
    Scum. Just fu*kin scum.

I was at my shop 3 weeks ago and seen a truck come through at night, they didn't see me. guys stopped and got out lookin around my buddies area of the yard. Start pickin shit up, So i walk up with my colt .45 on my hip (no brandishing, but they can see it) told um to get the fu*k out. Split real quick. 20 min later a cop came by looking for the same truck.

once I dropped the slide and a round was chambered I heard "Sorry seinor, No mas! No mas!. were leaving.

Im not violent but your on private property and im not dealing with that shit.

16. D_Lazaris

D_Lazaris
    from So. Cal

We just had a fire at our house and the burnt lamp that started it was on the side of the house... Well scrappers stole it now our insurance can't go after the manufacture because we now have no evidence.

I hate them...

17. So let me get this straight, his car was stolen, he had obvious proof who took it, and the police would do nothing? Sounds like a great place to live.

I think I would have photographed/video taped the marks and sued the place in small claims court for the max.

18. donkeyfarm

donkeyfarm

This summer we had to 48 foot utility reefers stolen from in front of our shop within three weeks of each other. They were late 80s but were surrounded by late models and 2 new units.

19. Spidercoupe

Spidercoupe
    from Bevier, MO

I came home one night and saw the side door on my shop was open. I went to the house and got my shotgun and slipped out the side door of the house. about 2 minutes later a guy came out with two five gallon buckets [both bright yellow] and started across the field behind the shop. I fired three shots between the buckets and the guy dropped them and ran. The buckets both had paint chips where the shotgun pellets had hit so I know I hit him. Later that week I saw a guy limping down the street [I live outside a town of 700 Pop. ] I don't know for sure but I'd bet that it was him. No problems since.

20. lucky ink

lucky ink

I agree with coolbreeze lol scrappers don't like big dogs..even non scrappers don't like big dogs. If you have hot rods you have scrap around so have a big dog mans best friend:D ( AMERICAN BULLDOGS ) are the shit..

21. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

#1 Kawboy, sorry to hear about your loss. Thieving pricks.

Scrappers in my neighborhood come by Thursday evenings when we
    put out the trash for the morning pickup.

By a strange coincidence, it's also the same night I sit on the porch with my shotgun :D

22. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Had a couple of guys in a ratty truck grab up a couple of rims I put out front with a FREE sign on before I got back up the driveway.

Had the shop open as I was working in it and they popped back in after loading up to ask if I had anything else. Nice car! They said. Thanks, and what were you looking for? Mainly metal and old cars we can pick up for scrap. I told them I travel the 4 states in my business and I'd be happy to look around for them. Give me your name and number so I can get hold of you. After I got that, I told them I'd have my son who is on the road as a state trooper keep an eye out for them too.......... Got their plate as they were leaving. But they never checked back...... hmmmmmmm.

23. frmula505

frmula505

I work out of the country a lot. Now in February while I was in Bangladesh. Someone went into my yard and stole an aluminum mini truck shell. 4 55-59 Chevy truck doors, A hood for a 90 Mustang. And whatever they could find in my fenced in yard (behind garage).

24. Mindover

Mindover
    from England

Sorry to hear what happened, Its a constant worry here, I have them snooping around the yard where my workshop is all the time. I went outside when I heard a van ticking over outside and found three guys about to load up a steel cabinet I had out there. My brother in-law works for the telephone company here in the UK and he tells me that the cables are pulled down as fast as they can put them up.

David

25. #1 Kawboy

#1 Kawboy
    from Fl

Anyone need good set of doors and NICE fenders ?? !!

26. BigChief

BigChief

You guys in Texas have it good.....Look what they did to the business owner down the road from us when he tried to defend himself.

http://www.mpnnow.com/news/x1295934333

...and they wonder why people are leaving the most restricted state in the country.

27. #1 Kawboy

#1 Kawboy
    from Fl

WOW !! Whaat a shame, B U T - 1 out of 30 ?? I'll take those odds !!
    29 dudes are wishing they hadn't tried !!

28. flynstone

flynstone

theives know you can legally carry a gun in texas and cant in california

29. Hook a battery up to a rusty old fender in your yard and let the sparks fly when some cranker or immigrant turd tries to run off with it--fun for the whole fam. Oh but wait--that would be cruel and unusual and the Fu$$er's family would probably sue you. Threads like this make me miss the wild west.

30. joel torres

joel torres

had a guy walk up to my house in a nice shirt holding a sign for the lawn saying some security company name looked bullshit he was talking about how the company is new and trying to get there name out there and is install and giving systems away to people if we let them post the sign on the lawn i said " bullshit" right to his face i proceeded to point out he is already on three cameras just by standing in my driveway alone and that im covered in the alarm dept and i shoot first and ask questions later he didn't hesitate to walk away thats why i have a throw away gun with no prints so if i ever shoot someone in my house thats the first thing thats going in their hand and no one can prove it even if they read this
    get a camera setup with dvr (digital video recorder) that records on motion even at night