Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scrappage Bill In Ohio We Need Hamber Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ems customer service, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

xderelict, I see your point but I'm gonna shoot a big hole in it. Do you really think I made all those phone calls and sent all those e-mails standing up. HELL NO! I was sitting squarely on my traditional ass.

Send an e-mail, make a phone call. Do something. It seems that even those who are in favor of it are doing nothing. We can at least do more then them.

Vance

2. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

I emailed every one on the list and stated so.There are some 16,000 people on the hamb and I don't think I need toes to count those that have acknowledged your effort.My posts are my way of bttt.keep up the fight.

3. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

This is not good. The easy laws on cars is one of the reasons I am tring to move back. I will have messages sent to all of them.

4. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

xderelict, I'm not looking for recognition. I was just using your remark to bring light to this issue. No harm towards you intended. Oh and by the way, the HAMB is well over 20,000 strong now.

I just spoke to Diana Fessler on the list for the Local and Urban Committee. She's faxing me the list of co-sponsers of this bill. It seems that the sponser is from southern Ohio where junk cars are quite a problem, according to some. I read off the list that was posted above for that committee and she said it a little out of date as there are some names on there that aren't on that committee anymore. I'll post the new list when she faxes it.

She also went thru her list, which was quite lengthy and stated who might be leaning which way and the majority are leaning in favor of it. Fessler is against it. She said that the real hope lies in whether or not there is a companion bill in Congress right now. If there isn't a companion bill in Congress, even if the HB560 passes in the Sentate, it prolly won't make it into and through Congress without that companion bill.

Phone calls still need to be made. Opinions can be swayed by numbers.

Vance

5. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

Anyone have the Govenor's E mail?

6. Junkyard Jan

Junkyard Jan
    Member Emeritus

Emails aleady sent and the phone calls have begun. With you HAMBer's help, we WILL win this one!

Thanks!

Jan

7. tattooedup37

tattooedup37

This is murder in my eyes, punisable only by death. Why would a representative really care about cars sittin' around collecting dust. With everything else going on in the country/world. you would think that they would have better things to do.

8. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Ok. This isn't much but it's something. Here's the list that Rep. Fessler sent me.

[​IMG]

Clyde Evans is the sponsor who is from southern Ohio. He represents District 87. His office number is 614-466-1366.

Call this guy FIRST! Then call everyone else.

Vance

9. cyde evans is a idiot, call everyone else, and make trouble

Representative Larry Wolpert, Chair
    Telephone: (614) 466-9690
    Email Address: [email protected]

Representative Courtney Eric Combs, Vice-chair
    Telephone: (614) 644-6721

Representative Jim Aslanides
    Telephone: (614) 644-6014

Representative Tom Brinkman
    Telephone: (614) 644-6886

Representative Danny Bubp
    Telephone: (614) 644-6034

Representative Thom Collier
    Telephone: (614) 466-1431

Representative David Daniels
    Telephone: (614) 466-3506

Representative Diana Fessler
    Telephone: (614) 466-8114

Representative Jim McGregor
    Telephone: (614) 644-6002

Representative Joseph Uecker
    Telephone: (614) 466-8134

Representative Jeff Wagner
    Telephone: (614) 466-1374

Representative Kathleen Chandler
    Telephone: (614) 466-2004

Representative John Domenick
    Telephone: (614) 466-3735

Representative Lorraine Fende
    Telephone: (614) 466-7251

Representative Mike Mitchell
    Telephone: (614) 466-8010

Representative Peter Ujvagi
    Telephone: (614) 644-6017

Representative Brian Williams
    Telephone: (614) 644-5085

Representative Kenny Yuko
    Telephone: (614) 466-8012

THESE GUYS ARE FRIENDS OF THE OLD CAR HOBBY
    KENNY YUKO HAS A 1930 MODEL A AND IS A PISTON HEAD, PLEASE SEND HIM A EMAIL SUPPORTING HIS EFFORTS TO STOP THIS SCRAPPAGE BILL

KENNY YUKO [email protected]

LANCE MASON IS OUR FRIEND IN THE OLD CAR HOBBY

LANCE MASON [email protected]

CAPT METAL

P.S. PLEASE POST SOMETHING BELOW TO KEEP THIS POST FIRST ON THE LIST

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    JIM CARMICHAL [email protected]

CHUCK BLASDEL [email protected]

JON PETERSON [email protected]

TIM SCHAFFER [email protected].u

BOB LATTA [email protected]

CLAUDETTE WOODARD [email protected]

SHIRLEY SMITH [email protected]

ANNIE KEY [email protected]

MIKE DEBOSE [email protected]

MIKE SKINDELL [email protected]

MIKE FOLEY [email protected]

TIM DEGEETER [email protected]

SALLY KILBANE [email protected]

JIM TRAKAS [email protected]

TIM PATTON [email protected]

LARRY FLOWERS [email protected]

JIM MCGREGOR [email protected]

LINDA REIDELBACH [email protected]

JIM HUGHES [email protected]

LARRY WOLPERT [email protected]

GEOFFERY SMITH [email protected]

DAN STEWART [email protected]

MIKE MITCHELL [email protected]

JOYCE BEATTY [email protected]

JIM RAUSSEN [email protected]

LOU BLESSING [email protected]

BILL SEITZ [email protected]

STEVE DRIEHAUS [email protected]

CATHERINE BARRETT [email protected]

TYRONE YATES [email protected]

TOM BRINKMAN [email protected]

MICHELLE SCHEINDER [email protected]

ARLENE SETZER [email protected]

JON HUSTED [email protected]

JOHN WHITE [email protected]

CLAYTON LUCKIE [email protected]

FRED STRAHORN [email protected]

BRIAN WILLIAMS [email protected]

JOHN WIDOWFIELD [email protected]

MARY TAYLOR [email protected]

BARBRA SYKES [email protected]

BOB OTTERMAN [email protected]

MARK WAGONER [email protected]

PETER UJVAGI [email protected]

EDNA BROWN [email protected]

JEANINE PERRY [email protected]

JOHN HAGAN [email protected]

SCOTT OELSLAGER [email protected]

BILL HEALY [email protected]

SHAWN WEBSTER [email protected]

COURTNEY COMBS [email protected]

BILL COLEY [email protected]

JOE KOZIURA [email protected]

EARL MARTIN [email protected]

DAN WHITE [email protected]

KEN CARANO [email protected]

SYLVESTER PATTON [email protected]

JOHN BOCCIERI [email protected]

LORRAINE FENDI [email protected]

TIM CASSWELL [email protected]

RANDY LAW [email protected]

SANDRA HARWOOD [email protected]

JOE UECKER [email protected]

TOM RAGA [email protected]

KATHY CHANDLER [email protected]

CHUCK CALVERT [email protected]

KEVIN DEWINE [email protected]

DAVE EVANS [email protected]

ROSS MCGREAGOR [email protected]

BILL HARTNETT [email protected]

STEVE BUEHRER [email protected]

JIM HOOPS [email protected]

MIKE GILB [email protected]

KEITH FABER [email protected]

DERRICK SEAVER [email protected]

DIANA FESSLER [email protected]

CHRIS REDFERN [email protected]

JEFF WAGNER [email protected]

STEVE REINHARD [email protected]

TONY CORE [email protected]

CHRIS WIDENER [email protected]

JOHN SCHLICHTER [email protected]

DAVE DANIELS [email protected]

CLYDE EVANS [email protected]

DAN BUBP [email protected]

TODD BOOK [email protected]

THOM COLLIER [email protected]

RON HOOD [email protected]

JIM STEWART [email protected]

JENNIFER GARRISON [email protected]

JIM ASLANIDES [email protected]

JOHN DOMENICK [email protected]

ALLAN SAYRE [email protected]

BOB GIBBS [email protected]

MATT DOLAN [email protected]

GEORGE DISTEL [email protected]

10. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

I just spoke to Larry Wolpert’s office, ( [email protected] ) and he said that Clyde Davis was told that one of the stipulations to get this Bill sponsored was if that there was no organizations against it. Well, since then, that little group of folks from a place called SEMA has contacted Wolpert's office and started stirring the pot.

According to the guy in Wolpert's office, there will be a caucus tomorrow before the Senate vote where folks in favor or opposition can voice their views. He said that all one would have to do is show up BEFORE the meeting and bring 30 copies of YOUR statement. After your statement, you may get grilled by the committee. Wouldn't that be fun? He did say that the bill was initially aimed at the Appalachian community who is know for leaving cars with no real intentions of repairing.

Anyone got the time to spend the day in Columbus tomorrow? I wish I did, but I spent the whole day there Monday and can’t loose another day.

The guy at Wolpert’s office is going to e-mail me what he called the bill’s interpretation. A layman’s understanding of the bill. I’ll post that as soon as I get it.

Vance

11. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

captmetal I agree. The girl that Evans has working the phones isn't too bright either.

This is what I just got from Larry Wolpert's guy -

Thank you for your interest in the Junk Motor Vehicle bill,

Definition of a “Junk Motor Vehicle” as defined by the Ohio Revised Code:

Section 505.173 (which grants townships the authority to regulate the storage of junk motor vehicles) defines junk motor vehicles as: "a motor vehicle that meets all of the following criteria:

(1) Three model years old, or older;
    (2) apparently inoperable;
    (3) extensively damaged, including, but not limited to, any of the following: missing wheels, tires, engine, or transmission."

Additionally, section 4513.65 (which grants townships and others the authority to order a private property owner to remove or cover a junk motor vehicle) defines a junk motor vehicle as a vehicle that has the same three criteria noted above, and has a fair market value of $1,500 or less.

The operative portion of the bill, the new section 505.871, actually refers to junk motor vehicles "as defined in section 505.173." Thus, although the bill does not provide a separate definition, it expressly relies on the existing definition contained in section 505.173.

Sincerely,

Joshua Grossman
    Legislative Aide to Representative Wolpert
    77 South High Street
    Columbus, Ohio 43215-6111
    614.466.9690 (office)
    614.361.4973 (cell)
    614.719.6962 (fax)

Also, this is up for 'Ammedments/Possible Vote'. Which means they could find suffucient reason to shelve it for now and bring it back later, which is what happened a while back. Not really great news, but still would buy us time to reach those who need to be reached.

Keep calling...

Vance

12. S.F.

S.F.

This is what they sent back to me when i told them they will NOT BE TAKING MY CARS FROM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 28, 2006

Thank you for your interest in the Junk Motor Vehicle bill,

Definition of a “Junk Motor Vehicle” as defined by the Ohio Revised Code:

Section 505.173 (which grants townships the authority to regulate the storage of junk motor vehicles) defines junk motor vehicles as: "a motor vehicle that meets all of the following criteria: (1) Three model years old, or older; (2) apparently inoperable; (3) extensively damaged, including, but not limited to, any of the following: missing wheels, tires, engine, or transmission." Additionally, section 4513.65 (which grants townships and others the authority to order a private property owner to remove or cover a junk motor vehicle) defines a junk motor vehicle as a vehicle that has the same three criteria noted above, and has a fair market value of $1,500 or less.

The operative portion of the bill, the new section 505.871, actually refers to junk motor vehicles "as defined in section 505.173." Thus, although the bill does not provide a separate definition, it expressly relies on the existing definition contained in section 505.173.

13. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I can see this is going to get ugly.
    That response scares the shit out of me.
    Our rights are getting taken away little by little.
    When they start sending out an out of the box response we are definitely in trouble boys and girls.

14. Merc63

Merc63

So many states need to adopt hobbyist wording such as Washington State's in their RCWs...

"@ 46.04.125. Collector
    "Collector" means the owner of one or more vehicles described in RCW 46.16.305(1) who collects, purchases, acquires, trades, or disposes of the vehicle or parts of it, for his or her personal use, in order to preserve, restore, and maintain the vehicle for hobby or historical purposes.

HISTORY: 1996 c 225 @ 2.

NOTES:
    FINDING -- 1996 C 225: "The legislature finds and declares that constructive leisure pursuits by Washington citizens is most important. This act is intended to encourage responsible participation in the hobby of collecting, preserving, restoring, and maintaining motor vehicles of historic and special interest, which hobby contributes to the enjoyment of the citizens and the preservation of Washington's automotive memorabilia." [1996 c 225 @ 1.]"

This allows the separation of true junk vehicles from those being kept, even as parts cars, by hobbyists. At least Ohio recognizes a value cutoff, so that a hot rod without it's enigne in it might be valued higher than the cutoff, even if it meets the other criteria. I've sent my emails, and I don't live there, either.

15. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

16. Squablow

Squablow

My email server won't let me send that many emails out at once, I'll work on it. I have a lovely email written, with references to communism in it. Doubt any of these guys will read it, but a healthy "no to HB 560 scrappage bill" in the email title will hopefully reach someone.

17. rattlecanrods

rattlecanrods

I am working on an email to all as well. My company's hdqtrs is in Ohio, which will hopefully count for something.

One of the issues bothering me is the use of pollution credits. Has anyone found out if a 'corporate sponsor' of this program is recieving pollution credits for each vehicle scrapped?

18. rattlecanrods

rattlecanrods

Vance, Thanks for posted an Outlook friendly address list. Much appreciated.

Messages sent.

19. ems customer service

ems customer service

to wingnutz: as far i know the companies / organizations that are helping are only sema, and engineering mfg services, sema told use that the owner of soft seal will testify in columbus if needed, there may be more but i do not know of any.

the state organizer for sema does have contacts with more folks, he did say that some other car clubs are hammering elected officals with phone calls and emails. the sema organizer has a group of people and all of use are part of his group . our company started this at the request of sema

ems automtoive;)

20. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

I spoke to Ross McGregor's office a little while ago and was told that the Senate session for tomorrow had been cancelled. So for this week, we're safe. However, the bill could go back up as soon as next week.

I'll have more info very soon.

Vance

21. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

22. rattlecanrods

rattlecanrods

FYI:
    Reply from John Boccieri's office:
    ....Thank you for providing your input about HB 560. The Speaker has cancelled Session on November 30th, so it is unclear when this bill will be on the floor.....

23. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

CGR, up until this morning and maybe a little later, that page was running on old info. It's been updated to some degree. However, the cancelled session was only announced about 3 hours ago. So I doubt that the SEMA site is that up to date. But we have it covered here...

Vance

24. ems customer service

ems customer service

at 4:40pm i spoke with kenny yukos office the legislature is still in session over another matter it seems they will work late tonight on something else,
    and his office said it has not been offcially cancelled yet.

representive yuko will call me tonight after house session today,

i it is canncelled is was they are afraid of our opposition which seems to be growing, cancellation is a low class way of not dealing with the issue.

keep of the calls and emails

bye

ems automtoive

25. Vicious_Cycle

Vicious_Cycle

Email sent to Rep Dolan. Maybe he will read it before this comes up (again) for a vote.

26. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

rattlecanrods, McGregor's office told me that the bill was only going up in front of the Local and Urban committee today. If it passed there, it would then go to the floor. If it passes there then it goes to the State Congress to be made into a law. Ryan, at McGregor's office, seemed very doubtfull since the session for tomorrow was cancelled, this bill would gain the momentum to make it all the way to Senate much less through Congress, especially with a groundswell of opposition that they've seen in the last week. Keep in mind that there is a push to get things passed before the new Governor takes over, and that's only 37 days out.

McGregor is from a manufacturing background. The sponsors of this bill avoided asking for his support knowing that he would be against it. He's one of us on this one.

So we are doing some good, we just have to continue doing it.

Vance

27. martell06

martell06

28. ems customer service

ems customer service

6:17 pm est we spoke with kenny yuko a few min's ago, the commietee session has not been cancelled there will be open time for intrested parties to speak on the bill, kenny yuko said that clyde evans is confident that he can the bill to pass but this could be a big bluff, to try and sway opposition. but maybe not?

but kenny yuko did say that the call and emails are being heard and being heard by alot of representiives. the bill may get to house floor for vote, but if the calls and emails keep up the main house session may not touch as to contriversal.

the ems company is sending a spokesman to speak to the commitee, but swaying the commitee not to pass the bill to house floor will be tough,

the vioce needs to be louder it needs to be a screaming mob, guys i think we have a chance keep screaming

for someone who wants to speak at the committie meeting you can go to kenny yukos office before if you need to have a place to meet up, but there are very set rules for speaking call kennys office for instructions.

ems customer service we like rusty cars

29. ems customer service

ems customer service

keep up the calls we are bieng heard but more vioces are needed
    THESE GUYS ARE FRIENDS OF THE OLD CAR HOBBY
    KENNY YUKO HAS A 1930 MODEL A AND IS A PISTON HEAD, PLEASE SEND HIM A EMAIL SUPPORTING HIS EFFORTS TO STOP THIS SCRAPPAGE BILL

KENNY YUKO [email protected]

LANCE MASON IS OUR FRIEND IN THE OLD CAR HOBBY

LANCE MASON [email protected]

P.S. PLEASE POST SOMETHING BELOW TO KEEP THIS POST FIRST ON THE LIST

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    JIM CARMICHAL [email protected]

CHUCK BLASDEL [email protected]

JON PETERSON [email protected]

TIM SCHAFFER [email protected].u

BOB LATTA [email protected]

CLAUDETTE WOODARD [email protected]

SHIRLEY SMITH [email protected]

ANNIE KEY [email protected]

MIKE DEBOSE [email protected]

MIKE SKINDELL [email protected]

MIKE FOLEY [email protected]

TIM DEGEETER [email protected]

SALLY KILBANE [email protected]

JIM TRAKAS [email protected]

TIM PATTON [email protected]

LARRY FLOWERS [email protected]

JIM MCGREGOR [email protected]

LINDA REIDELBACH [email protected]

JIM HUGHES [email protected]

LARRY WOLPERT [email protected]

GEOFFERY SMITH [email protected]

DAN STEWART [email protected]

MIKE MITCHELL [email protected]

JOYCE BEATTY [email protected]

JIM RAUSSEN [email protected]

LOU BLESSING [email protected]

BILL SEITZ [email protected]

STEVE DRIEHAUS [email protected]

CATHERINE BARRETT [email protected]

TYRONE YATES [email protected]

TOM BRINKMAN [email protected]

MICHELLE SCHEINDER [email protected]

ARLENE SETZER [email protected]

JON HUSTED [email protected]

JOHN WHITE [email protected]

CLAYTON LUCKIE [email protected]

FRED STRAHORN [email protected]

BRIAN WILLIAMS [email protected]

JOHN WIDOWFIELD [email protected]

MARY TAYLOR [email protected]

BARBRA SYKES [email protected]

BOB OTTERMAN [email protected]

MARK WAGONER [email protected]

PETER UJVAGI [email protected]

EDNA BROWN [email protected]

JEANINE PERRY [email protected]

JOHN HAGAN [email protected]

SCOTT OELSLAGER [email protected]

BILL HEALY [email protected]

SHAWN WEBSTER [email protected]

COURTNEY COMBS [email protected]

BILL COLEY [email protected]

JOE KOZIURA [email protected]

EARL MARTIN [email protected]

DAN WHITE [email protected]

KEN CARANO [email protected]

SYLVESTER PATTON [email protected]

JOHN BOCCIERI [email protected]

LORRAINE FENDI [email protected]

TIM CASSWELL [email protected]

RANDY LAW [email protected]

SANDRA HARWOOD [email protected]

JOE UECKER [email protected]

TOM RAGA [email protected]

KATHY CHANDLER [email protected]

CHUCK CALVERT [email protected]

KEVIN DEWINE [email protected]

DAVE EVANS [email protected]

ROSS MCGREAGOR [email protected]

BILL HARTNETT [email protected]

STEVE BUEHRER [email protected]

JIM HOOPS [email protected]

MIKE GILB [email protected]

KEITH FABER [email protected]

DERRICK SEAVER [email protected]

DIANA FESSLER [email protected]

CHRIS REDFERN [email protected]

JEFF WAGNER [email protected]

STEVE REINHARD [email protected]

TONY CORE [email protected]

CHRIS WIDENER [email protected]

JOHN SCHLICHTER [email protected]

DAVE DANIELS [email protected]

CLYDE EVANS [email protected]

DAN BUBP [email protected]

TODD BOOK [email protected]

THOM COLLIER [email protected]

RON HOOD [email protected]

JIM STEWART [email protected]

JENNIFER GARRISON [email protected]

JIM ASLANIDES [email protected]

JOHN DOMENICK [email protected]

ALLAN SAYRE [email protected]

BOB GIBBS [email protected]

MATT DOLAN [email protected]

GEORGE DISTEL [email protected]

30. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Back to the top.
    Someday you guys from out of state are going to need our help if this thing passes. Now get off your asses and send some emails.