Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scrap price must be up again...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ratroddude, Sep 17, 2010.

1. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

Friend of mine said I don't care.It just makes mine worth more in the future.Haa what an idiot. I need new friends,LOL.

2. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Hauled four cars in today, all ot stuff without engines and fairly light. Made over a $1000. Sitting on the pile when I pulled in was a 51 Hudson 4dr, fairly complete. With prices the way they are, I'm going to bet you'll see more stuff being bought to resell for scrap. Guess when the surplus is scrapped, we can buy what's left from the hoarders, when they die.

3. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

A lot of people just don't give a shit about things like that . they just see the scale to make a couple hundred bucks . The Ford didn't look all that bad either . the body looked sold too . What a shame . I also see that all the time on C/L . They say if I don't sell it , I would hate to see it go to the scrap yard . Then I email them with an offer for more than scrap price . The I get a shitty email back saying , I am not going to give it away ! Then I reply , you said you would take to the scrap yard so I will give you more than that and I will even pick it up . Still get shitty comments back . Just can''t win . Try to give someone more than the scrap yard and they bitch you out . Just a bunch of assholes that don't look down the road . They just want that quick buck and screw the rest of you because they really don't give a shit about HISTORY !

Retro Jim

4. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

5. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Look at the sitting and rotting thread. Part of the problem lies in the fact that out in the East you have lots of cars but they are rusted away to nothing. But because of the overgrowth nobody hauled them in so they are plentiful. Out in the West the cars aren't plentiful, but rust free more or less. Problem, you aren't willing to pay for shipping or delivery on the good stuff. We used to sell it reasonable until it started getting hard to find. After a while people get tired of people offering ridiculous offers, and just decide its easier to make a fast buck and be done with it. I've got a lot of the parts people are looking for in the want ads, but I got tired of pricing it cheap and getting turned down because of shipping. A lot of these threads going now, and more to come I'm sure. Wrecking yards will soon be a thing of the past, and the Auto Manufacturers can hardly wait. The auto parts stores will soon follow. But hey as long as I'm ranting, I'll sell you a piece of property cheap. You have room for 16 cars here plus inside storage. I have perfect credit, never late on a payment, and the Bank won't lend me a dime, because I don't have an 8-5 job. There I feel better. Got to go scrap another car so I can make the next payment. Damn Bank.