Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Scotty Fenn Interveiw - 1965

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stan292, Oct 21, 2008.

1. stan292

stan292

Group -

Here's an "interesting" interview of early days drag racing chassis builder, Scotty Fenn, done by Terry Cook for "Drag World". I promised Ryan, quite a while back, that I would put it up here and am just now getting around to it. I can't seem to grasp the concept of posting anything but the small photos here, so I hope these pages are readable. If not, perhaps one of you computer hip persons can upsize them.

I don't know any more than you what the real truth about the guy is. I do know that over the years there has been lots of bench racing scuttlebut to the effect that he was a stubborn old bastard - very much sold on his own ideas, and not all that willing to consider any others. Some thought he was just plain nuts.

There's no question that he held some "unique" ideas, and had his personal quirks. Still, his Chassis Research company was one of , if not THE, first outfits to offer a genuine "pro-built" dragster chassis to the masses. Many of them were the foundation of winning diggers - and definately provided a comparitively high degree of safety for the ordinary racer at an affordable price.

You can make your own decisions about Fenn's mental state (take a close look at the photo of him on the beginning page, for starters - LOL), but one thing's for sure. He believed in what he was doing.

Attached Files:

2. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Good read thanks

3. jangleguy

jangleguy

Little Wing - you have really good eyes. I'd LIKE to read a Scotty Fenn interview with Terry Cook, but I can't read that...

4. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

lol,,I click and save then magnify made it much easier

5. careyohio

careyohio

I heard that the "WEED" got to him.......anyone know if this is true or not????

6. Weed? he was fucking high when he did that interview!!!! What a whackjob!? Sorry I missed this thread before.