Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Scottsdale Goodguys, Things to do?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustombuick, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Kustombuick

Kustombuick

I am heading to Phoenix/Scottsdale next week for the GoodGuys Show. I lived in Phoenix in 85-87 while going to college and I am going to spend a day roaming around seeing old sites. Would like some advise on things to do and see in and around Phoenix. Will be doing Taliesin West on Thursday afternoon and some of the Hot Rod Tours Thursday morning, and Hot Rod by Deans Friday night kickoff party. Any shops around to visit or cool sites let me know. Boones and his wife are also coming so expect ALOT of pictures. Any other HAMBers coming to town? Thanks, Alan

2. I am having my 10th Annual Open House party on Saturday night.

Industrial Chassis Inc
    Tool demo's music and all around good time

3. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

I'll be at Dean's Friday night so hope to see you and Boones there ('course I won't know ya unless you wear a "I'm from Washington" label or something). Check out All Ways Hot Rods, very cool little shop that does BIG things. ElPolackos on Saturday night of course. Vintage Auto Service is near Dean's. Squeeg's in Chandler is a real cool place to visit. There's many other places as well.

4. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I'm flying in for the show also. Sure would be nice to see some customs! Anymore suggestions? Gary

5. Kustombuick

Kustombuick

Thanks guys, will try and make the Open House Saturday night, Thanks for the invite Steve. I do wanna check out Squeeg's Shop, they build some cool rides. Jeem, Ill see if Boones and me can find some "I'm From Washington" nametags for ya....Would like to meet you. Any other site seeing ideas, they dont have to be car related. Thanks for the input so far, Alan

6. ArizonaBill

ArizonaBill
    from Arizona

drive the Apache trail... very scenic

7. MilesM

MilesM

This is a must!

8. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ya, if you do anything, don't miss Elpolacko's gig! Always my favorite night of the year!

9. If you don't go to Industrial Chassis open house then you will be missing one hell of a good time. Besides who can pass up Four Loko drinks, mini bikes, burn outs, and demos in the shop.

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Mini bike (s) to be provided! Ya bringing yours Ron? Still think mini bike jousting could be a fun thing!!!

11. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Go to all of the extra cirrecular events that you can, because the main event is not that special.

12. I know what you yah-hoos can do to help. Fix my barstool racers!

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Barstool jousting!!!

14. 5632

All you need is 2 batteries and 1 tube and you will not get the smile off your faces.

15. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I will be wearing a Purple ballcap with a Gold 'W' on it. can not get more Washington than that.... Look forward to meeting some of you..

16. Not fast enough but more dangreous. mmmmmm that's a hard decison maybe both.

17. I got back with new batteries for these things. Need to fix two of the tires and put some ground cables on, the mayhem will ensue.

18. Kerry67

Kerry67

I see a sudden increase in football helmet sales coming to the Phoenix area. Beers, mini bikes, high powered barstools......Sounds like a hell of a good time.

19. KIRK!

KIRK!

All of the above.

Oh, and Four Loko!!

20. Hank Turd

Hank Turd

I was in Phoenix a few weeks ago, we hit Taliesin West, was awesome. I am a huge FLW fan...

21. erlomd

erlomd

ill be there...looking forward to something different other than the cruise nights at mcdonalds...lol

22. Bummer - I am in Chandler all week, but flying back to Atlanta Friday noon. At least I rented a hemi while out here :D

Wish I had planned better and stayed the weekend.

[​IMG]

23. ryno

ryno

when at the show go by my buddy rob's booth from drew brothers customs, he's the one that built the sw gg give-a-way galaxie.

24. GreggAz

GreggAz

you are welcome to stop by All Ways Hot Rods, we are not on the tour, or doing an open house. We have some neat projects right now in our small shop.

www.allwayshotrods.com

25. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Is there a list of shops on the "tour?" Gary

26. Kustombuick

Kustombuick

GreggAz, Thanks for the invite to All Ways, it is on my list of stops for Wednesday afternoon. Should I ask for you??

gnichols, there is a list on the goodguys site of the tour stops and Friday night kickoff party at Hot Rods by Dean. Go to the Scottrdale Show websit and there is a link to the tour stops, starts at 9:30 on Thursday at Westworld...Hope to see ya there, Alan

27. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Alan, thanx for the info... sadly I don't get there until Friday afternoon. I will get to what I can get to, fer sure. Gary

28. I have two of the racing stools in this video. Should be a hoot!

29. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I especially liked the LeMans start! Insane. Gary

30. It will be there on ice waiting for you.