Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scott_Rod says HEY!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Scott_Rod, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Scott_Rod

Scott_Rod

I've been lurking around here for WAY too long without posting,,but I figured it's harder to stick your foot in your mouth if it's not open!
    Y'all know the story,.. wife, kids, job, projects, side job, it's hard to keep up with the AWSOME amount of good info being passed around here, let alone post back at it.
    A little back story on yours truly; I;ve been working on anything with a motor for 'bout 4 decades now, Cars, Rods, drag boats, dirt track & pavement stock cars, bikes. Yea, I know, most of you are going "so what? join the club!", well hell, I'm trying to!

I have been into old cars for about 20 some years - been going to Hershey, Carlisle and the show at York since 1982 - I've been building a Model A Pickup for 'bout 12 years now, and it should be done in a couple of months or so. It started as a street rod thing, but I have seen the light and have dove head first into the deep end of the traditional pool! I have painted it a flattened red (always hated the idea of polishing paint anyway!) and fully intend to drive the ever loving piss out of it on all possible occasions.

I went to the Jalopy Showdown this year and realized that I had found the the promised land. Friendly, fun loving, easy going folks that make a get together way cool to be at. I never could quite understand why these street rod guys would park their showboats and sit in a dammed chair all day! never made sense to me,