Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Scott supercharger at Sacramento show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kiwi 4d, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

811A5D67-1862-49F3-9D45-B1D7293937E5.jpeg @Jalopy Joker posted a cool bunch of pics of Sacramento autorama and amongst them was a greenish 36 (edit)coupe with a SCOTT blown Ardun. Just the front drive is different with the angle supports on the snout,and the idler on the snout. We have had issues with the standard Vee belts as they do not like being bent against the Vee.
    Does it have serpentine drive? We would be keen to know more if anyone has fitted a serpentine drive to a Scott .

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    catdad49 and j-jock like this.
  2. alchemy

alchemy

That car is a 36. Might help your search with the correct year.

I do know Italmechanica/SCoT made a few different size blowers. That might one of the larger sized ones with those supports on the drive.

3. I have seen several different sizes of S.C.O.T. and Italmechanica superchargers, and this doesn't appear to be one of them.

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

5. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

OP: You have to look for industrial v-belts that are made for back side idlers..

6. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks @alchemy i knew it was a 36 but in my haste as I was so taken by the car I wrote 40 , there are some major changes, ha my bad.
    @seb fontana , we did have ugly green Kevlar industrial belts,man they were ugly .