Register now to get rid of these ads!

SCOT BLOWER Whats it worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1BADSLED, Jul 14, 2006.

1. 1BADSLED

1BADSLED

I may have the opportunity to buy a complete Scot Blower set up for a flathead. Carbs, pulleys, manifold. Looks like it was never used. What is it worth?

2. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

probably about a grand but I'll give you $1500 for it :D

3. Scott blowers aren't worth anything - the SCoT blowers may be a little more

BLOWER KITS
    >> NAVARRO 471 BLOWER KITS $5,500>> NEW SCoT BLOWER KITS (coming soon) CALL>> WEIAND BLOWER KITS Starts at $3,000>> MAGANSUN BLOWER KITSStarts at $3,800
    http://www.flatheads-forever.com/price_list.htm

4. plan9

plan9

silly money for a complete setup...
    can range anywhere from $10k-$15k USD, +/=....

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave

A used S.C.o.T. was on ebay back a while ago with a Reserve?? of $34,000.00 US.
    Don't think it sold. :D

6. plan9

plan9

thats really silly... or iam going by 1990's prices :rolleyes:

either way, its an expensive setup with a dollar to horsepower ratio only a crackhead would understand..

7. ol fueler

ol fueler

Seems to me that a S.C.O.T set up sold for around 15,000 on E bay a while back.
    A couple went to over $10,000 & did not meet the reserve.

8. Doc.

Doc.
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep 10-15,000 is the current market.

Doc.

9. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

One just ended on ebay for under $7000 and did not hit the reserve, it had a buy it now for $9750 it seems like the hype is slowly coming back down on these, if you noticed the prices skyrocketed after the write up in Rodders Journal. Also with these being reproduced soon that may swing the market a bit as well. I would say anywhere from $5k to $7k you would be doing just fine.

10. ROADRAT EDDIE

ROADRAT EDDIE
    from New york

Now 1Badsled, i know your son's name is Scott but isn't he a little young?:D

11. How much increased HP does one get by adding a blower to a Flathead?

12. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave

Kinda depends on what's inside. But some claim 30%.

13. Forget the ScoT....

Grab a 4-71, rebuild it buy or fab an intake and custom pulleys you'll still have enough dinero left over to take a trip overseas in style or blow it elsewhere !!

15K for a friggin blower - give me a break....

Rat

14. Digger_Dave

Digger_Dave

Ahhh ... your right.
    But when you ALREADY own a S.C.o.T....
    (and I didn't pay ANYWHERE near that much 15 years ago!)
    ....... GO FOR IT!!! :D

15. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Lets Start Saying That These Things Are Worth $100,00o So Anyone Reading This Will Hope To Jack Up Prices On This Stuff!

16. Doc.

Doc.
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The market is not set by what someone "SAYS" it's worth. The market is set by what someone is willing to pay. Full SCoT blower setups in nice shape have been going for 10-15,000 for the last year. There are many documented sells on ebay, and us saying it is worth less will not make it so. I believe that the prices are currently inflated because they are very popular right now. But, that is the current market. There are lots of speedy parts that are high dollar that I can not afford. The SCoT blower is just one of them.

Doc.

17. panic

panic

18. panic

panic

I'd suggest for the budget project starting with an Eaton M112 from a late Ford Lightning etc., get one on eBay for $200-300. Here's a generic M112.

A few ideas on adapting a GMC blower:
    http://victorylibrary.com/mopar/blower-c.htm

Attached Files:

19. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

AMEN !! IM WITH AXLE... PEOPLE KEEP ASKING "HOW MUCH IS IT WORTH" .. AND THE PRICE GETS HIGHER..

IVE HAD IT HAPPEN MANY TIMES TRYING TO BUY A HEMI...... JUST CUS A RUNNING 392 CHRYSLER IS GONNA COST YA $5,000.00 ... DONT MEEN A LOCKED UP RUSTED OUT DeSoto IS WORTH THE SAME $$.

THESE KINDA POSTS & GENERAL MENTALITY IS ALL OVER THESE DAYS AND IT IS DRIVEING PRICES WACKY .... MAYBE THE STUF ISNT SELLING FOR THAT MUCH ALL THE TIME, BUT I BET WE HAVE ALL MISSED OUT ON COOL SHIT CUS SOME GUY TOLD THE SELLER IT WAS WORTH MORE MONEY THAN JOHN WAYNES 10 GALLON HAT.

I HAD A GUY GIVE ME A STUPID PRICE FOR A 6X2 MANIFOLD FOR A 392 CHRYSLER ....... SAID IT WAS THAT MUCH CUS HE GOT IT FROM DON GARLITTS ..... BIG DEAL !!! ITS STILL AN ALUMINUM MANIFOLD FOR A HEMI ... PEOPLE ARE OUT OF FUCKIN CONTROL !!!!!!!

20. Flatheaded

Flatheaded
    from Nordakoda

Excellent point DE SOTO. I've been trying to buy a S.C.O.T. for years and the prices are more insane every day. My question is does anyone know of someone selling a flathead manifold to mount a 4-71 GMC blower. I've got the blower but can't locate a manifold. Saw a dude from England, I think, selling them on Ebay a few years back but haven't seen them for quite some time. Could kick myself for not buying one then. Later!

21. 1BADSLED

1BADSLED

Thanks for the info. Just thought it was a cool piece to have if the price was right.

22. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

You might as well check the price. If you don't buy it another hamber might. We've seen them in the 10-15k range on the bay lately. The question then is, is ebay a good gauge of market price? I don't have the answer to that one...

23. You can buy an aluminum plate and have it machined then weld it to an aluminum flathead intake.

Don Hampton may have plates already made.

24. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

. h&h flatheads just got there catalog ! they have brand new narvarro blower intakes for 471`s $750.00 (818)-248-0161 I need to order one next week my self !

25. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

I don't have the answer, but I do have a theory. :) eBay is the California Swap Meet for the masses. It's driven by pure market forces - supply & demand. When you can't buy something new & there are no swap meets near you, you go to eBay - how many of something are there & who else is trying to buy it will drive the price. Most of the country doesn't have Turlock or Pomona...Hershey & Carlisle are too big & far away (plus on the other coast) - that leaves eBay. The market now, is much, much bigger than the swap, so it will bear a higher price because someone, who will likely never see another one at their local flea market, has to have it.I've seen some of those hi-dollar speed parts on eBay several times in a row, not meeting reserve & finally, it does. Just have to get the product in front of the right consumer....

26. bobs36hotrod

bobs36hotrod

Hi, I just took my Mint All Original S.C.O.T. Blower out of Storage. It has been there for 5--years. This is all set up and Complete for a Small Block Chevy, or take off adapters to go on Ford Flathead, I don't know if I am going to use it or sell it. Also it has adapters for a 4-Barrel Carb and a adapter for 2-2 Barrel Stromberg -97.s
    willybobs33@aol.com
    4-26/2018

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018