Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scored some White Trash points today...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by daddylama, Sep 19, 2003.

1. daddylama

daddylama

Added some nice sheen to my black primer that's been bleached by the sun... by rubbing in a nice coat of "Water Displacement Formula Number 40".

Better known as WD-40.

Shiny now, though...
    and dont have to worry about surface rust quite so much...

Attached Files:

2. bigron

bigron

3. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

Does it work on gray primer? I imagine it would just be a mess.

4. plan9

plan9

i dont think itll work on grey... i do know it does a good job on rustoleum... kinda pricey though [​IMG]

5. Yeah, and it's hardly even blotchy at all!

6. daddylama

daddylama

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, and it's hardly even blotchy at all!

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks much better in person. If ya kinda squit, and dont look directly at the car. And if it's kinda dark out.

But if you can believe it, looks MUCH better than it did before the filmy mess was gooped on it.
    DP-90 looks horrible after a couple years in the weather.

One problem... took my dog for a ride just now... she's shedding... her fur kinda sticks to the WD. I'm thinkin when the wind picks up the dust tonight, it's gonna stick and look like ass...

7. McGrath

McGrath

Might be a problem when its time for a fresh coat of primer. I imagine it soaked clear through. Be a 'sumbitch to get it out without taking it down to bare metal...

8. Broman

Broman
    from an Island

Uhh, I hope you are not ever going to paint that bitch. Can you say fish eyes!?!

Seriously ....Kid Rock, Pam Anderson, Jeff Foxworthy, and Anna Nicole Smith are all very proud to be in such good company..... [​IMG]

9. jdubbya

jdubbya

A couple years ago at the Indy Goodguys, I watched a guy apply about a quart of tranny fluid to his flat black biscayne, it looked pretty good when it was done. It was pretty messy going on, and he wiped it down with a damp towel when he was done.

10. daddylama

daddylama

oh yeah...
    it's being stripped down to bare metal in a couple months, anyway... so im not worried about painting it later. It's got some OLD bodywork to fix... and there is lettering on the doors and quarter panels that i'd like to see if i can uncover enough to read... it was a drag car in the 70's, has some stuff lettered on it.

11. tragic59

tragic59

People might have given you a little more credit for the actual number of "white trash points" that car deserves if you'd shown the wheels and tires a little better in the photo... They really make the trailer park "POP" on that car.

12. daddylama

daddylama

[ QUOTE ]
    People might have given you a little more credit for the actual number of "white trash points" that car deserves if you'd shown the wheels and tires a little better in the photo... They really make the trailer park "POP" on that car.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm far too ashamed of the "gambler" wheels on it... and the damn rake that follows me from vehicle to vehicle. I swear, i can rent a new car, and it gets a mean forward rake within the hour.
    I've only been in a trailer park once in my life, yet i cant get it out of my heritage...
    BUT, i did show some of my White Trash Ram in the background...

BTW, it's Tragic59 that came up with the "White Trash Points" which i seem to follow to closely..

Here's the horrible rolling stock that is taunting me... and the color of the primer before:

Attached Files:

13. justice

justice
    from Ohio

A-a-a-a-a-a-H!!!!
    Damn! that was a scary pic!! [​IMG]

It ain't that bad. I like the front chrome on it, but then I am the Mulletmobile Mogule.

Justice

14. luckystiff

luckystiff

ol 55,
    how much is your car dropped and how did you do the front? i'm gonna be doing the 55 here really soon and was just lookin' for reference. i was thinking 3 out back and 2/3 in the front. looks like if i go much more than that i'll run into pan clearance issues. had been told the lower spring pockets unbolt on this car but mine don't. i may still drill out the rivets and shim the pockets to drop 'em a bit. this thing is takin more time than i had hoped still hoping to have it painted by good guys charlotte. picked up two chrome smoothies at the charlotte autofair last weekend so i guess it's getting those instead of supremes. missed out on a set of skirts for it by like an hour guy had a pair and sold 'em first thing that morning and i didn't get there til about lunch. not sure if i want 'em or not so i don't want to dump to much on a set. hopefully weather will be good here for the next few days so i can get so stuff done...ken....

15. prime mover

prime mover

you can take the man out of a trailer park but you cant take the trailer park out of a man.

16. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Nice car, those Plymouths got some really nice lines. the wheels do truly suck.
    C'mon dude, run to the junkyard and get some steelies and sell those ugly things at the swap meet. The car will look a hundred times better in an afternoon's work.

17. daddylama

daddylama

Lucky-
    the car is sub-framed, and has a volaire torsion bar front end...
    It's about 5" lower than stock as it sits. No clearance issues with the pan ('71 383). Rides OK, but has 90/10 shocks and no anti-sway bar. street shocks and an anti-sway are going on it shortly.
    8 3/4 rear from a '70 challenger, along with the challenger's parrallel leafs (all a bolt-in). Rear sits about 2" lower than stock with this. Going to a torque-arm/transverse leaf this winter.

Havent bothered swappin the wheels yet (which yes... are the ugliest possible thing it could have), cause the car is still just a project. Gettin 15x7 1/2 steelies in the back, 15x5 in the front. Ive got the fronts now, but am still looking for the rears (from a mid 70's mopar cop car). Pie-crust cheaters, if i can find some decently sticky ones.

18. prime mover

prime mover

you might have problems with hitting if you change those front shocks, 90/10 are not only for racing, they go up easy and come down soft so you dont bounce and hit.
    I've been looking for those wide wheels too for my fairlane I finally found a 7 inch wide one so thats good enough when another comes rolling along.

19. daddylama

daddylama

Prime- many 70's Dodge 1/2 ton trucks have 15x7's...

just cranked the torsion bars up about and inch and a half, put some old 60/40 shocks in, and a stock anti-sway bar from a '70's police mopar. Still tryin to find urethane bushings, but MUCH better ride and handling now. New shocks are coming soon... but gotta get different wheels on it first (oh, the shame... the shame...)

20. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

How many "white trash points" can I score for......

1) Lawn not being mowed since the week BEFORE I left for the Salt?

2) Big Olds sitting on said front lawn for the past 3 days with a SILVER tarp over him?

3) A 10X20 foot conduit canopy set up on driveway in front of garage?

4) Crap from inside, my house, my sisters, my folks, my cousins, and lastly, my decesed grandparents, sitting on my driveway, patio, and in garage, all to make a few bucks at our "garage sale"

and the grand total of white trash points for Denise, for the weekend of Sept 19tth-21st, equals........

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]