Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scored some freebies - Tools

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crystal Blue, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

2. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice score. I particularly like the "Radiator Heat Gauge"; very '50's terminology. Too bad the lens is broken. I broke the lens on my dirt track (low pressure) tire gauge once, and a friend of mine knew someone who fixed it for free. I guess it's pretty easy if you know your way around glass. Isn't there a member here whose signature is something like "You don't carve a wooden wrench just because you can and it 's lighter"? Well, here's his rebuttal. :D

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I could have used that radiator temp gauge yesterday. I have a lot of old spark plug gauges but haven't seen one like the AC one on the top of those two. That's a keeper.

4. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

ya might be able to get a replacement glass at a craft store--hobby lobby??

5. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

I think the KD pliers may be windshield wiper lifteroffeners...see if there's a vestige of rubber covering on the lower jaw. Lifts wiper hub off of shaft against the force of the blade leverage against the glass.

6. Radiator temp gauge looks just like an old meat thermometer Mrs. LowKat uses.