Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Scored Hudson Steering box- now what.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Hendee, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Hendee

Hendee

image.jpg image.jpg Stumbled on this 37-39 Hudson box today, and planning to use it in a deuce build. Thinking I will be sending to NealInCa for his conversion. I'm guessing some folks on here have done the same, so wanted to see how you guys liked the performance of the Hudson box.

Hendee

2. Heard good words about his work on those.

3. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Haven't used my NealinCa Hudson box yet but it sure is a fine piece of work.

cadillacoffin likes this.
  4. Hendee

Hendee

Everything I've seen of Neal's posted online is top notch so I expect it works well. Seems like a great way to go to stay traditional and upgrade a bit at the same time. I was lucky in finding the core box pretty reasonable I think, so now I just need to ship it out to Neal.

5. hotcoupe

hotcoupe

do you have the steering shaft and worm gear?
    tom

6. Hendee

Hendee

Worm yes, shaft no. Just a foot long chunk of it.

7. Andy

Andy

I modified an F100 box like Neal does the Hudson boxes. It steers like a 60 Ford F100. Actually better with the lower weight and better tires.

8. Hendee

Hendee

I've heard the F100 box work as well. I like the idea of the Hudson box having a better ratio than the stock '32 box and the roller on the shaft making it light for steering. Plan for the deuce is a car that I can share with my Dad so making it work for us both is really important. Very cool to still keep the original column and wheel/light switch. I have all that stuff that came out of his '32-5w in the 60's and we can now put it back to good use.