Register now to get rid of these ads!

Score

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gumpa, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Gumpa

Gumpa

I have been searching for the last 6 monthes for a pair of 1955 or 56 Olds Tail lights for the Dodge. Today I went to my local wrecking yard and got a top off a 1971 Dodge Van to have the metal to build a new floor out of and was looking through his old tail lights out of habit and he asked what I was looking for. I told him the same as I have a dozen times or more and this time he said that he has been sorting Tail light lens from the old shop and he found a couple of pair of Olds tail light lenses but I would have to wait while he looked for them and then remembered he had put boxes on a top shelf back away from the regular tail lights. After about an hour he hollered that he found them. Sure as your are reading this there were 3 lens one 1955 and a pair of 1956. He charged me $15 for the entire top off the van and $12. a piece for the tail Light lens. He also pulled out a 1949 Kaiser Grill with one headlite door. He is asking me $30. for it but it is cracked and real pitted. If I were to use it I would need to find another headlite door. Gumpa

2. Eisenfaust

Eisenfaust
    BANNED

TOO COOL- God bless the small businessman...

3. repoman

repoman

Nice story. When ws this -1963?

:)

4. Gumpa

Gumpa

No it was today about 1:30 pm Gumpa