Register now to get rid of these ads!

Score, I think.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jstorm, Dec 1, 2005.

1. jstorm

jstorm

Got a call from a buddy yesterday and asked if i wanted a Buick. Told him i wanted to see it first and went out to his house today before my MRI to check it out. Its a 1957 Buick 4 door. Usual problem, Floorboards rusted, rear bumber is eat through in a few spots, rear glass missing and dash top missing. He said he got it to turn over a few times. Missing teh title too. All the stainless is there minus one piece but i can get one from my dads Buick club. What do you all think, i am getting it but dont know how i want to build it yet. I am thinking mild custom but open to suggestions.

Attached Files:

• 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      File size:
      55.8 KB
      Views:
    • 03.jpg
      03.jpg
      File size:
      54.2 KB
      Views:
    • 04.jpg
      04.jpg
      File size:
      55.2 KB
      Views:
    • 06.jpg
      06.jpg
      File size:
      48.4 KB
      Views:
    • 08.jpg
      08.jpg
      File size:
      41.5 KB
      Views:
    • 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      File size:
      55 KB
      Views:
  2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

The cool thing about the Buick 4 doors is that if you shave the rear handles the rear door more or less disappears. I had one before I bought my 2 door and it was a great car... Plenty of help out here if you need it...

3. jstorm

jstorm

Already thought of that, real good idea.

4. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Complete stock restoration exterior and interior, then hide a built 455 under the original aircleaner along with a TH-400 and a 4.11:1 posi. Sleeeeper.

5. 53Nailhead

53Nailhead

Everybody wants a Buick:D Does it still have the 364? The Buicks sure had great lines back then!! I agree with Zman & the rear doors. Should be no problem finding parts they made lots of 'em -- Special Model 57-41 4d Sedan 59,739
    Special model 57-43 4d Riviera 50,563
    I'd grab it if I were you. Good Luck!

6. jstorm

jstorm

Still has the 364, turns over but probably could do with a rebuild.

7. jstorm

jstorm

other then shaving the door handles i am gonna pretty much leave it stock

8. Muttley

Muttley

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA......famous last words.;) ;) :D

9. jstorm

jstorm

I know, Since i posted that 20 minutes ago i have already come up with 5 new things i want to do to the body.

10. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Try it... a little Marvel mystery oil in the cylinders, change the oil and plugs... You'd be surprised it just may run....

Why? A 425 Nailhead is a bolt in and a hell of a lot cooler than a 455. You can get a TH400 for the same motor, has the correct short tailshaft to deal with the frame. The rear can be updated with a pumkin from a early 60's full size and a set of Nascar style ladder bars....

11. jstorm

jstorm

I am gonna go next weekend and see if i can get it to fire. Then maybe i can drive it while working on it.

12. jstorm

jstorm

I have been thinking about it, and i might just fix the floor and trunk floor and drive it like it is. Park it next to the gold chainers and tell them it is done when ithey ask when i plan on finishing it.

13. You really need to wash it and wax it. Where the paint is good it'll probably shine like a new dime.
    then get yourself a californai duster to the full effect when you park with the highzoot guys.
    Make sure you go to that big important event put out by the big important highzoot/dollar car club and power park.

Those old buicks had a lot of class. good find.

14. jstorm

jstorm

Waxing, good idea. I am also gonna get a crybaby and put my lawn chairs right in front so no one can see it at the SHOW. Thought about painting a picture of it on the back of it. Fuzzy Dice, curb feelers and spinner hubcaps too.

15. dixiedog

dixiedog

That is ALL it needs:cool: -

You probably got it for a good price so you got some room to work with it. How hard is the glass to find?

16. jalopy43

jalopy43
    Member Emeritus

Don't forget the fake malt shop /drive in tray. How about a low buck club limo??sparky

17. ntxcustoms

ntxcustoms
    from dfw

Those buicks are mild customs straight out of the box! A guy down the street has one for sale that needs a reworking, but he wants way to much. I always liked those rides lowered and left pretty much stock maybe a little change to lessen the bulk up front.

18. 53Nailhead

53Nailhead

I like the crybaby under the left front tire:D

19. jstorm

jstorm

Im diggin the club limo. It definetly is big enough.

20. Junkyard Jan

Junkyard Jan
    Member Emeritus

I did that last summer with my '64 Ford. Pissed the absolute hell out of them!.....:D

Jan

21. FERG

FERG

Chop it
    Shave it
    Channel it
    Section It
    Bag it
    Roll it:D

22. DoggieBoy Johnson

DoggieBoy Johnson

Jimmy Chambers had a finished 57 at Precision Tricks Customs in Pleasant View. I thought it was sweet, but he practically had to give it away and it was a two door.

23. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

I see 57 two doors go for pretty big money as far as non chevys go. You should have told us about that cheap 57 someone would have been all over it.
    Awesome cars.

24. jstorm

jstorm

Im all over this one.

25. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Because a Nailhead is too cool to hide under a hood.

26. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is a kool car. I couldn't resist going the full boat. I would move the "b" post back to the 2dr location, weld up the back door and extend the front door. The car's already a HT so that can't be too bad. A lil money and lots of labor (ain't they all?) That roof is tits-up fuckin kool, and I honestly can't recall if the 2dr HTs are like that as well...sumthin tells me the 2drs don't have the split rear glass either. But those style lines in the roof are a serious chubby. Maybe certain models? Been a while since I reviewed all those styles.

Those swoopy wheels well kick serious ass...ready to be slammed. Missing the dash top? Great, build your own.

So, let's review...make it a 2dr HT so it looks completely different than the average 2dr, slam it, custom instrument panel. Side glass is all flat anyway. Door seals are a no-brainer. Can ya smell what I'm steppin in here kids?

27. 53Nailhead

53Nailhead

The 57 was the 'lowest Buick Yet...4 feet 10 inches from road to roof' Some customers didn't like the 3 section rear windows so Buick offered a one pc. substitution. Great looking cars:cool:

28. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Most of the 2 doors have the three piece rear glass...

29. jstorm

jstorm

Plans are already in the works for a custom dash.