Register now to get rid of these ads!

Score! Cruiser skirts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55chevy, Mar 2, 2011.

1. 55chevy

55chevy

The guy I got my 56 BA 4dr ht from gave me a pair of fenders skirts he had forgot when I went back to get a signed Bill of Sale. They weren't factory for a Chevy, but he said take them anyway. They are real long for skirts, so I posted pics on the AACA and found out they're factory 55-57 Mercury Turnpike Cruiser 'Cruiser' skirts. I guess they go for good money in good shape, and can fit other cars. Has anyone seen a 56 or 57 with them mounted? They're missing a mud guard, and one trim strip is screwed on, they may look good de-trimmed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

don't know about the skirts,nice hard to fine 56 chevy

3. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

I think they look like 59-60 Chevy cruiser skirts by the mudguard. If they are 12"x60" or 14x60 that would tell you if thats what they are for. To me they really look like Foxcraft Skirts but I am no expert.

4. They were available in the aftermarket back in the day. Saw them on many different cars.

5. Mrfifty8

Mrfifty8
    from San Diego

You are correct those are 57 Mercury Turnpike skirts, not after market Foxcrafts.
    Never seen them on a 55-57 Chevy?
    Let me know if your interested in selling them!

6. 55chevy

55chevy

I'm told they won't fit a four door, and looking at the trim, I think they would go across the Bel Air side trim at the back, might look good on a 150, a 56 210 has similar trim. You're the 3rd person interested, I guess I will have to think of some fair way to give everyone a crack at them.

7. Mrfifty8

Mrfifty8
    from San Diego

Cool, thanks