Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Scissor Lifts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by teched, Aug 17, 2017.

1. teched

teched
    from Utica, NY

I just purchased a 2005 Eagle SL-7000 Fulrise Scissor lift for $1400. I have got it installed in the garage, but my 2005 Dakota frame will not hit the lift pads. I know they make cross bars for picking trucks and SUV's but they will limit my underside access. Bendpak makes a couple different arms that clamp onto the platforms of their midrise lifts for just this reason. My lift is very similar in design to the Bendpak Sp7x. Has anyone had any experience with using adapters on their scissor lifts? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. You might try asking at Ryan's other site Garage Journal as well. There are countless threads on lifts over there so I am sure someone has had the same issue as you have and would have an answer

3. this may sound harsh but resell that thing and buy a "real lift". those have more disadvantages than pluses in the long run you will be better off.

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

between a ROCK and a hard place with a SCISSORS jack that don't fit your needs, I agree with paying a little more PAPER money and get one that will do what you need.

5. teched

teched
    from Utica, NY

I really like the Scissor, You can open the doors, have access to the center of the vehicle, I can park on it, it allows me access to vehicles I have parked on either sides. I passed on several 2 post lifts before coming across this one. I almost bought a midrise scissor since I only have 10ft ceilings, but this one seamed "beefier" and was fullrise. I have posted on the garage journal and found some very helpful comments. I thought I would try over here to see if anyone has used this type of lift and if they had made any modifications to lift narrow framed vehicles.