Register now to get rid of these ads!

Schroeder going 16:1

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by **MCQUEEN**, Mar 30, 2007.

1. I was ordering a Schroeder sprint steering yesterday. Gary said they were developing it in 16:1 for the hot rod market, had prototypes done, doing testing and they might be available in about 2 or 3mo. It's all internal, not an external add on, and the way they're doing it you could even have 6:1 & 8:1's converted.

2. raven

raven

How much?
    Would these work for a FED?
    r

3. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

Bad ass! Thats great news, thanks!

4. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

The 8:1 box in the coupe was $625. It would be cool to later switch to 16:1, but I gotta tell you it ain't hard to steer now as it is.

kidcampbell71 likes this.

5. I ordered the 8:1 also and plan on staying with it. I was just letting people know they're actually recognizing the market.

(the 8:1 are 650.00 now )

And they do have the steel pitman arms without the ball milled slot.

6. Kurt

Kurt

You can get the small box for FED's new still for about $385 i think. I have the catalog somewhere if you need any info. Its the same thing as i used in the digger.

7. rooman

rooman

Kurt,
    since Ken Cox of SPE died last year the dragster/funny car style boxes have been in short supply. The latest versions are evidently no longer polished, just anodized over the CNC finish. I hear that Gary Wood of Stilleto did a run of a new race car box that worked better due to an internal re-design but they are all out in the field and there has been no word as to whether he is planning to do regular production runs. Gary's box was around $100 more than the SPE but those are going up in price as well.

Roo