Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Schooling needed on a 1930 Chevy 1 1/2 ton?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by iceteacharlie, May 25, 2019.

1. I need to start building a bit on knowledge on the 1930 Chevy truck I just brought home. My initial search for parts found The Filling Station and a couple more smaller places but seems parts for the bigger truck is quite limited (as opposed to the pickup trucks anyway). Not trying to go back stock by any means but still would like to know what options are out there.

Clarification? Did Chevrolet make both 1 ton and 1 1/2 ton or is it the latter only? Sitting on the rear axle are 13 leafs on the bottom stack and 6 leafs on the overload above that. My guess is 1 1/2 ton...

I'm also missing the exterior sun visor. Don't see on of those out there on my first several search adventures but definitely want one back on there. If none out there, i s there a substitute that might work with a bit of modification?

Tons of time in the lawn chair and cold beverages coming up as I think of the direction I'll go!

Thanks much.
    IMG_6640.JPG

2. F&J

F&J

I just looked in the Truck Spotters book. It may be open to other opinions, but this book says 1930 was the last year for disc wheels, and the pictures of all the 1930 Chevy trucks with many different rear bodies show single rear wheels only.

Each one that are not the small shorter wheelbase 1/2 ton, are rated as 1-1/2 ton.

The next year 1931 shows dual rears on all 1-1/2 tons.

I would have assumed that the 1930 also must have had a dual wheel truck offered, but this book has no mention of that as being true.

The 1930 shows model designation LR for these 1-1/2, but in notations says it later was changed to LS...but I don't know when.

3. Thanks F&J. It's neat to have that one clarification alone. (and knowledge of the Truck Spotters book on top of that).