Register now to get rid of these ads!

School me on Y-block in general

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BBobb, Jul 1, 2011.

1. BBobb

BBobb

I have a 341 y-block in my 55 Lincoln.My question is,are the 272,292 and 312 external motor parts interchangeable with the 314. I am wanting to install a/c to beat the Texas heat and i know i will be needing quite a few brackets...thanks for any help

2. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I don't think there is much interchange between the Ford Y blocks and the Lincoln.

3. BBobb

BBobb

From what i have been told(hearsay) 55 was the only year the 341 was in production

4. look for the lincoln engine group on the hamb

and look on ford trucks the big f700 and up 302 332 have a lincoln y block also the tilt cabs used them, they have rams horns exhaust, a holley 4 v intake the regular holley patern and the oil pan is flat and high cap?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011

5. That's actually correct. It was a one year only engine.

6. Try doing a google search for John Mumert. He knows a lot about y-blocks.....to the point where he manufactures his own parts as well as builds engines. I bet he could answer any y-block question you throw at him.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  7. In short, no. Two different engine families.

What type of compressor are you wanting to use? Is this a stock setup or modified?

http://www.ford-y-block.com/lincoln.htm

Showing 1956 MARK II with factory air install-

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011