Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods school me on what I've got here - Grandpa's old Ford Part

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mbmopar, Sep 24, 2011.

1. mbmopar

mbmopar
    from Canada

my cousin gave this to me a few years back, just came across it this week.

He told me it was my Mom's father's , I think he passed when I was 2-3 or so, No memory of him or what he drove.
    DSC_00625.jpg

DSC_00628.jpg
    What year may it be from, model, v8, etc?

And would it have been factory or aftermarket, at dealer?

thanks ya'll

2. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

School ya , huh?.......:rolleyes:

3. Kralinator is a filter company in Canada. It appears they also make Wix filters or visa versa. This looks like an aftermarket oil filter made for Ford, could be a dealer installed option. It also looks like those common in the 40's and 50's.

Try Google and look around.

4. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Older engines didn't always come with a simple screw on oil filter. My '55 chevys' 265 had the bolt running up through it, so you could take the filter element out of the canister. Much like this one. However this one is before engine blocks had a place cast in them for a filter. So my best guestimate is it bolts to the back left side of a Ford Flathead. perhaps for different climates
    There we're many companies that sold "Dealer Installed" items, much like today, and this looks like it came from the "KRALINATOR LIMITED" manufacturer, not Fomoco.
    Haven't got a clue, other than mid fifties, when the Flatty was replaced.

5. mbmopar

mbmopar
    from Canada

thanks guys, not too sure about Ford vintages, (see username ) .....knew I'd get some quick info here. Found a few hints on Google as well, but this is the place for some accurate info.

Best, Derek