Register now to get rid of these ads!

School me on Stutz...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Zumo, Oct 15, 2008.

1. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

well then it wouldn't be a stutz...would it?

it would be a sbc-utz

I am going to the swb in black with red wheels. :D

2. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

alsancle.......

The red and black car you have pictured is a new made fake! A FAKE CAR!

Honest love what you want but you need to get out more.

Maybe drive that thing you own.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  3. The37Kid

The37Kid

You're in Jersey so we've put you on the MERCER team.:D

4. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

:) ;) :d

5. alsancle

alsancle

It's not a fake, its a new "special" which I did say but maybe not too clearly. Its gonna be a while before I'm driving mine.

6. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

I see now :)

Fake cars are "specials"

And it's OK to say how fast and powerful your car is. Even though you have NEVER DRIVEN IT!!!

WELL ISN'T THAT JUST REALLY SPECIAL!??

My statements ARE based on driving a very well sorted-out Stutz and a lifetime of build and driving fast old cars.

7. OHV DeLuxe

OHV DeLuxe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Norway

My neighbor has a 1919 stutz racer with huge offet axles and huge T head engine with camshafts on both side of crank.. this is a two seater with two spare wheels stacked behind the seats.. He found it in a barn in with several other special cars.. it even came with Miller carbs wrapped up in the front seat.. I feel it`s a cool car but the rear end ratio is good for like 30 mph in low gear at idle..

Bluto.. You mentioned Mercer. when reading antique racing history i kind of get the same picture as you are telling us here... i believe the Mercers had quite some reputation early on..
    On Hershey 05 i saw a wonderful unrestored early mercer with perfect patina and a color that reminded me of Flying Merkel.. Maybe you know that car..

8. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Yes it was assembled about six years ago. Looks like it just came out of a barn somewhere

37 KID drove it last year

It was made by Genuine nice guy and Mercer Guru Fred Hoke The car is a total Fake or 'Special' it you live in the little world of some here. :D

I remember one guy I knew that would always tell you his fake this or that was 'The only one like this' guess that means it's SPECIAL TOO.

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

Fake or not I never bothered to call my physician four hours after the drive.

10. Ramblur

Ramblur

Saw my first "T" head motor last month although it was of Pierce Arrow
    lineage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Flatattack

Flatattack

12. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

That's Camron's ....He's dead. I think his kid's took over the yard.

One of those shots is in Singapore the other two at Gunther's Yard Show and Christmas party done by several clubs in Long Beach, Cal

I don't remember the year but it was when the old man was alive. They have some wonderful trucks and maany more show up there.

You'll find photos on the So Cal Antique motorcycle club site I think.

MAYBE A GOOGLE GUNTHER'S YARD MEET

Always fun

13. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

signs of proper circulation were obvious.

14. I remember when "Bearcats" was on. I looked in my fathers Encyclopedia of American Cars and found the Mercer first since it resembled the Stutz, then found the Stutz. The Mercer appeared finished where the Stutz was like a buckboard. Anybody here ever get to ride in an Underslung? That's not a style, that was the actual name of the car. Might have been "American Underslung." I need to go into the library and find that book.

15. Flatattack

Flatattack

Right........love the LTL's. I'll google!

16. Stevie-

The shop I worked in in PA had an underslung that they restored/cared for. My boss specialized in Packard/Brass Era, and LOVED the underslung out of all of the cars he had worked on in regard to driveability, power, etc...

The only thing he hated about driving it was it's rarity (the owner like to really get the car moving with Bob's son at the wheel, and Bob DIDN'T want to pay for anything if it broke, etc.

17. alsancle

alsancle

A fake is a "special" that is pawned off as original :).

I was referring to my buddies Super Bearcat as being speedy not mine. Stutz made a lot of different cars over a number of eras. I've only driven in a DV32 and I'm comparing it to cars of the same era that I've also driven in (no Alpha or Bugatti but just about everything else). I'll totally take your word for it that that one you had was not great. I do get the feeling you think I'm making stuff up though. :)

18. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Please go stand in front of a mirror and make a really stupid face

That's how you look to me at this point :D

I HAD THE BEST THERE WAS IT WAS SHIT!!! Do you understand STUTZ'S ARE SHIT

Not Christ's gift to the Driving man BUT SHIT!

No matter how much money or time you throw at it THEY ARE CARP....... DODO and several other Monte Pythons! CRAP! Drive your someday you will understand

You can quit making the face now I am done with you!

19. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OK, if Stutz's are crap, what is good? Maxwells? ;)

Then what are the production numbers for what ever is good, engineering etc? Ceteris Peribus.

20. The37Kid

The37Kid

STOP EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! We need ruling fron the judges, I never knew there were T head engines with removable heads, that may be a dual side valve .:eek:

21. alsancle

alsancle

Bluto, I'll take your word for it that they are sh*t boxes, but they sure look nice.

Attached Files:

22. keith123451

keith123451

i know an older post but great you had an HCS or your dad has....i had a 1920 the first year for HCS