Register now to get rid of these ads!

School me on Hilborn Fuel Injection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 40Standard, Feb 18, 2006.

1. Very sad indeed,,,,,,those beautiful color pics and printed in black and white .
    Looks like an awesome build,,,,editor wasn’t interested in red I guess ?

Tommy

chryslerfan55 and jnaki like this.
  2. Anytime

Anytime

Check out “Instajet” on You Tube.
    He developed a setup that makes mid work on the street. You need to get the basic tuneup right to start. That means the right nozzles, and the right barrel valve spool( usually a 54). Also get close with the main bypass pill. The Instajet replaces your hi speed. It is a needle valve controlled by a stepper motor. It responds to a voltage generated by an oxygen sensor located in the exhaust collector. Sorta like an early Vortec multiport system.
    The beauty of this system is that the Instajet works even with an electric fuel pump like a Walbro in tank pump.
    So this allows you to use your vintage manifold without modifying it and having those ugly fuel rails. A lot cheaper too!
    He has a 63 Ford Fairlane with a vintage enderlie and gets 14 mpg. Very driveable.
    In operation, the O2 sensor is constantly looking for the right a/f ratio and correcting.
    He also has a dragster he bracket races with a bbc/Crower stack setup with the same system.

loudbang and Hollywood-East like this.
  3. Anytime

Anytime

4. Hollywood-East

Hollywood-East

Great post, I have a four butterfly hat that I've been trying to figure out how to "street" this could be an excellent option

5. Anytime

Anytime

If you are really serious,givehim a call. He does these a couple at a time. Great engineering, but he does not know how to market them and he doesn’t have the financial backing. He’s applied for a patent but I just don’t see him successfully pitching this to potential investors. With Mike taking over Hilborn mfi sales and apparently stepping away from refurbishing and reselling used units I don’t know if he’s interested in that or if he even knows about it.
    In the meanwhile, Darrell does them one at a time. He hasn’t quit his day job……..

Hollywood-East likes this.