Register now to get rid of these ads!

school me on early f100s

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Capt. Cal, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Capt. Cal

Capt. Cal
    from Newton NJ

my question is what models from 1953-1955 had the indentation on the rear fender for the spare tire? was it a difference between f100s and f250s? or was it a different package for f100s?

2. It wasn't based on model. Long boxes are wider and have "mini" tubs though.

"was it a difference between f100s and f250s?"

- Just like the modern f150 vs f250

"or was it a different package for f100s?"

- There was a standard cab and custom cab.
    I have seen some original extra cabs but I have been told those were a railroad conversion.

3. The fender bracket was an option on all Pickups (6 1/2') & Express (8') bodies...in other words, the F-100, F-250, & F350 (single rear tire only, 9' box). Most other bodies/chassis had the rear (frame) tire carrier as the option. Unless ordered as an option, there was no carrier at all. In this case the fender has no indentation.

According to my references, the side carrier bracket is the same for all these models; no difference between the three series. However, SFAIK the fender itself is different, because the standard rims were different sizes between the three. The F-100 rear fender is definitely different from the F-250; I haven't seen the F-350, & I've heard both that it is, and isn't, the same fender as the F-250.

4. Capt. Cal

Capt. Cal
    from Newton NJ

thanks guys. im lookin maybe to buy. its got a 223 straight 6 4 speed. it says its a '55 f100 and has that indentation for the spare, so i was just trying to figure out how "pieced together" the truck is. so if all models had the fender bracket as an option, im probably looking at a stock 6' bed. thanks again.

5. tchurch

tchurch

If you need a spare tire fender, I have an F1 fender for the 6 foot bed with the spare tire indent, all steel and in perfect condition. Don't spend 300.00 for one without PM'ing me.

6. The long box should also have three stake pockets I believe - shorty has two.