Register now to get rid of these ads!

School me on Chrysler stick trannys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kirk Hanning, Apr 30, 2013.

1. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

I have a good friend that is building a 36' International and it currently has a 360 Dodge/torqueflite drivetrain. He'd like to swap out the auto for a manual box. I'm very familiar with Mopar motors but am clueless on their manual boxes. Is there any particular Mopar box to look for? Also, does the bell housings pretty much interchange? Any help is appreciated!

2. Try to get one of the 4 sp O.D. variants (3 speed + OverDrive), makes for a great highway cruiser!

3. 35desoto

35desoto

Also consider the AX-15 gearbox from a Dodge Dakota - 1988(?) to 1998. The whole thing will bolt straight up from the flywheel back - give you a good 5 speed gearbox and the only aspect you need to do is get the flywheel balanced to the motor and ensure you put the spigot bearing in. They are strong enough for the offroad guys to hammer them without major failure so behind a street 360 they will be fine. The next gearbox after that is the NV3500 5 speed from a dodge Dakota 1999 on wards same deal. Lots of options and the later model ones are a bit more available