Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods ScaryLarry's 34 three window

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fatabone, Feb 19, 2009.

1. fatabone

fatabone

Larry always said if Paxton's 34 came available he was going to get it and he did. Well lets see some better pics Larry this is all I have.

Attached Files:

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

Question is what took up the floor space at Paxton's when it left. Nice Coupe!

3. noboD

noboD

And what did Larry get rid of to get it?

4. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Wow! That's one nice model 40!

5. fatabone

fatabone

Paxton is building a house and his wife is getting a little crazy.

Larry has been a mad man listing on Ebay.

The 34 isn't afraid of a little mud either.

Attached Files:

6. scarylarry

scarylarry

I didnt get rid of anything...yet! Paxton is giving me some time to pay for the car, and let me take it home. So maybe I can figure out how to pay for it and keep everything. It could not have come at a worse time, we just yanked the 2.3 out of the roadster to replace with a rebuilt flathead and then I get the call. Play money will be thin for a while but I now have the cars I finally figured out I always wanted, 34 3 window, 32 roadster, and 41 panel (truck to pull the camper). I'm broke but happy :) The coolest thing about the coupe is that I got it from our local sprint car hero Lynn Paxton and it has a steering wheel that Tommy Hinnershitz gave to him in it. The car will eventually be painted maroon and I've got to take that damn v shaped spreader bar off the front. This thing rides like a new car! 350 in front of stock 3 speed. It's good to be alive on occasion! Now anybody want to buy a pinball machine? I've gotta move some merch :)

Attached Files:

7. Tony

Tony

Congrats Larry!
    Paxton's a great guy..as shown by what he's doing for you...
    Man that's cool!
    Well, from one good home to another. Nice.

Is that on of those Giovani (sp) cam stickers on the hood? Lee had a bunch of those at one point...one ended up on my old truck, and i'd bet another couple ended up on that :)

Tony

8. plmczy

plmczy

Haha, I think that is the norm with wives when it comes to building or remodeling. I hope it works out for Larry. later shawn

9. scarylarry

scarylarry

Thanks Tony, Paxton and Oz were cut from the same mold, huh?
    I kinda like thinking I now have the cars I will always have. New stuff is fun but there something I like about "Larry's here,there's his car".

10. Tony

Tony

no doubt they were...Oz did the same thing for me when i got that truck from him.
    And i know how you feel. I miss that truck. That used to happen all the time.

11. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Glad to see you got the rides you want.. not many folks can say that..

As for the pinball machines, I want a few.. just not the right time for me.. got a new garage to build first...

12. noboD

noboD

Way to go Larry!

13. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

Congrats Larry
    I know how bad you wanted that thing.... about wore the seat out at the drags!

14. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope he left the grill badge. As you can see it's no trailer queen. I'm happy for you Larry! Drive it like Lynn would!:eek:

15. hrm2k

hrm2k
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So this is the one you have been talking about..........too cool.......congrats

John

16. Will look good with Latimore mud on it.

17. sxdxmike

sxdxmike

cool! i've seen that car around. i dig it. (what are you doing with the 2.3 larry?)

18. scarylarry

scarylarry

Tommy, the grill badge stayed. This is the first PA inspected legal hot rod I've ever owned. I'm not overjoyed with the fenders but I think I'll leave them for a while and drive anywhere any time I want. sxdxmike, Clark got the 2.3 for the cut down model A he's building for Billy Towers over at Jr's shop. The four was a good experiment, got me out to Bonneville and back but I miss the sound of a V8. A flathead fits the style of the roadster best, so Mikey is building one for me.

19. Sixcarb

Sixcarb
    from North NJ

Awesome news Larry

20. coop31

coop31

Yes! It's very cool.

21. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Wow, too cool! I'm so happy for you Larry! Here are a couple more pics of Paxton's *EDIT* Larry's coupe last year at the Showdown...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've been thinking about Paxton, glad to hear he's doing ok (except for the wife with the new house desires bit LOL :D). I've been reading some 4 Banger newsletters/little books from the late 70s into the early 80s. They cover midgets and vintage sprint car events- basically any and all vintage racing, his name is everywhere in those books!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  22. scarylarry

scarylarry

Photos because someone asked. The engine has LPS valve covers. They made sprint car chassis stuff. Somebody gave them to Lynn and said it stood for Lynn Paxton Sucks! I dig the breather mounted to the firewall.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  23. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

24. scarylarry

scarylarry

Thanks Megan I guess it will forever be know as "Paxtons coupe" :( :)

25. Mopar34

Mopar34

ScaryLarry wrote:
    I prefer juke's over pinball's, but having seen your collection of fine merch and wheeled wonders, I think I'd prefer your high boy.:D Call me when it's ready to leave.:D:eek:

The coupe is a great looking ride, will fit in well with the other toys.:cool:
    <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

26. Nice car Larry. Glad it went to someone who will appreciate it and its history. I suppose you could put one of those large "donation" jars at the gate in May with a sign, " Please give to Larry's 3W fund".:)

27. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Just like Frank's car beside it in the pictures above ;):p We are all just caretakers! I'd say it's an honor to own anything of Paxton's but you know that!:rolleyes::D

28. Tony

Tony

I couldn't agree more.

29. Plowboy

Plowboy

Larry had to sell his snakeskin boots that he wore in his hair band "Cry Tough" on e-bay. It really is a tradgedy, he would look awesome driving that car wearing them with his golden mane flowing in the breeze......

30. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

Wow...I think Larry got the better deal. The price of houses is going down faster than the price of a good hot rod. Soon the car may be worth a lot more than the house.:D