Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Scarebird brake.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tommyd, May 12, 2015.

1. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

I sent Scarebird an email with a technical question at 12:30 yesterday and got a reply before 1:30. That is pretty darn good service if you ask me. Keep up the good work fellas.

2. manyolcars

manyolcars

I bought the disc brake parts from him and they do not fit without grinding. I suggest that you stay away. He also sent my parts to the wrong address. Buy from anyone else

3. Avoid this one, hotrodsandbrakes. Brackets wouldn't fit over the calipers without milling and the bosses on the brackets were welded on cockeyed. If you didn't have good measuring equipment and a milling machine, you'd be shit out of luck.

4. big57daddy

big57daddy

Sorry to hear that, Manyolcars - I got disk brake brackets from Scarebird several years ago for my '63 Skylark and they fit like they came from the factory. everything went together without any drama; I was (and am) very pleased.

cheers, Ray

5. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

sorry to hear that, I was thinking about buying one of his kits. who else should I check out for a rear end disc brake kit?

6. i had good luck with scarebird' stuff saved a bunch of money.
    eci here in ct is excellent.

7. Mark, the owner of Scarebird is standup dude! He has great quality products so manyolcars what was your issue and any pictures? may another hamber can help!

8. they must have forgot the hyphens in their name "hot-rod-sans-brakes"

blowby likes this.
  9. Quite possibly.. lol...

10. I bought them for my 64 falcon and 56 crown vic , both were up and driving in hours.
    No fitment problems at all, I would purchase again and highly recommend to anyone
    wanting disk brakes
    AAA++++ IN MY BOOKS

11. Nemosgarage

Nemosgarage

Installed their kit on a 65 rambler worked like it was factory!

airflyte 68 likes this.